The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Grants Coordinator Kenya
The following is a brief description of the role:
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, including filing of grant documents (including through the grants database – forthcoming)
- Coordinate the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets and donor reports
- Be updated on donor priorities and track, analyze and share relevant calls for proposals
- Document, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting process, and compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Contribute to continuously improving internal grant management systems
- Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including organize and deliver trainings in donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports
- Contribute to PCM trainings and usage of the NRC PCM frame work in the CO as delegated by the Head of Programme
- Support external donor audits
- Represent with relevant partners and donors as delegated
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- PCM focal point – lead for the Go-No Go and Proposal Planning Meeting; support to areas for the Progress Review Meetings and Grants Closing Meetings.
- Development, adaptation and improvement of PCM guidelines and tools, especially financial tools, proposal coordination and quality monitoring, based on lessons learned.
- Ensure key controls and tools are in place and maintained daily to support effective management of the funding portfolio and compliance with donor requirements.
- Support programme team with quality control related to proposal development and reporting, developing dedicating tools and ensuring capacity building through trainings.
- Ensure proper filling of donor concept notes, proposals, contracts and reports on NRC’s filing systems and also kept in hard copy.
- Between 3-5 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Relevant experience from the project management in the humanitarian sector
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial)
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Above average computer skills
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Influencing & federating partners and teams
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Initiating Action and Change
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Apply Before 11th December 2020