Job Advertisement: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Health Strat is an indigenous public health organization specializing in designing and implementing innovative health systems solutions.
Health Strat implements donor funded programs in HIV/TB/RMNCAH/FP at both the national and county levels.
We are inviting applications from experienced and qualified individuals for the position of M&E Officer based in our Nairobi Office.
Job Purpose: Monitoring and Evaluation & Strategic Information Systems (MESIS) Project is a project led by Health Strat in partnership with the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP) through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The project supports enhancing strategic information capacity for HIV/AIDS programs towards sustaining epidemic control in Kenya through monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and data science.
Reporting to the SI Technical Lead, the M&E Officer will carry out strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results.
S/he will support efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and support NASCOP through Strategic Information Research and Implementation science (SIRI) team to monitor, document and analyze the performance of HIV/TB services and activities.
- Generate and provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, semi-annual, annual and other project reports.
- Support the SI Technical Lead and Evaluation Advisor to maintain the overall framework for project M&E.
- In collaboration with SIRI team, support HIV M&E work including but not limited to monitoring the uptake of M&E tools and assessing data quality indicators for data reported through KHIS
- In collaboration with the NASCOP SIRI Team Lead and project SI Technical Lead, support compilation and dissemination of national and county performance reports.
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship to SIRI, County Health Management Teams and build their capacity to use information for decision making.
- In collaboration with NASCOP and other SI stakeholders, participate in field visits for data verification, support supervision and data quality assessments
- Provide support in the preparation of the NASCOP SI work plans and budgets
- Participate in the annual MOH-PEPFAR data alignment activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biostatistics / Health Records and Information / Public Health Informatics / Computer Science or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
- Training on DHIS-2 and/or other relevant open source software used for HIV/TB data management.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in implementing M&E systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs.
- Experience providing M&E support for HIV/TB.
- Demonstrable experience with DHIS-2, DATIM, and other HIV/TB data management and reporting platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and coordinating data collection, processing and analysis systems.
- Demonstrated ability on manipulation, analysis and visualization of quality data for decision making using STATA, SAS, Power BI, GIS etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication and facilitation skills.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders
- Computer skills: Hands on competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Acces
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the criteria above should send a cover letter detailing your suitability, a copy of your CV and contact information (name, email address and telephone) for three referees to email@example.com by 5pm EAT on 20 November, 2020.
Include the position title you are applying for on the subject of the email.
Applicants are expected to quote their current and expected gross pay in the cover letter.
Incomplete applications and applications received after specified deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.