Vacant Position: HR & Administrative Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client, an African cross-border fintech startup is urgently seeking to hire an ambitious, self-driven and talented HR & Administrative Officer.
The successful candidate will act as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees and external partners by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To support employee engagement activities and promote HR best practices
- To ensure accurate and timely HR reports and database updates as well as the personnel files.
- To assist the hiring managers in preparing business justification for the hires, sourcing and short listing
desirable candidates, coordinating interviews, issuing offers and contracts to selected candidates as well as assist in new hire onboarding.
- To administer and manage leave
- To maintain a favorable working environment and keeping the team motivated.
- To support in training needs identification in liaison with the Head of HR and the department heads.
- To manage and organize office meetings, appointments and events.
- To coordinate both local and international travels such as booking flights, accommodation e.t.c
- To ensure a smooth flow of the day to day office operations including running office errands, managing office supplies and serving visitors..
- To perform any other duties as required by Management.
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Msanagement from a recognized institution plus a Higher Diploma in HR
- The ideal candidate must have atleast 4 years of experience in a busy HR office and can juggle various administrative tasks in a timely manner
- Must be a registered member of IHRM
- Experience with HR software
- Must be well versed with the emerging trends in HR and labor laws
- Experience in the Fintech industry will be an added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment and work effectively within a team
- Self-driven & self-starter with a global mindset and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have HR & office administration skills
- Practical problem solving skills and people management skills
- Good organization skills and a high level of attention to detail
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 27th November 2020.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.