The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Data and Analytics Manager 2.
The incumbent strengthens the ICRC’s capacity to ground its Protection (one of the core activities of the ICRC) response, dialogue and policy on a solid evidence basis in the Africa Region.
The Data and analytics Manager will ensure a rigorous methodological approach to data collection, both qualitative and quantitative, and to processing data analysis, and visualization.
They will also Build capacity in EBP (Evidence-Based approaches to Protection) and transfer of knowledge to the Regional Protection Data Office (RPDO) in Nairobi.
This position is open to Kenyan nationals.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure rigorous methodological approach both qualitative and quantitative to data collection, analysis, visualization and reporting that will provide an in-depth understanding about the humanitarian situation related to Protection situation and ICRC’s activities in the Region;
- Contribute to the reflection, development and implementation analysis to help optimize and strengthen Evidence-based approaches to Protection, regional policy and operational dialogue;
- Train, advise and support the regional protection data office with analysis of regional topics, providing advice on consistent data collection and identifying points to be standardized;
- Build reports, dashboards and visualizations combining quantitative and qualitative methods and produce visual and reader-friendly analytics;
- Map available regional external data resources and build partnerships with other organizations based in the Region;
- Perform ad-hoc researches and data extraction requests;
- Explore new data sources and analytical techniques;
- Propose advanced-level evidence-based analytical writing.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree / PhD in computer science, Geography, Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences or a related field;
- Minimum 5 Years of experience in International / humanitarian work is an asset;
- Experience in data analysis and statistical methods applied to humanitarian settings, assessments methodologies and conflict analysis;
- Storytelling ability through visually clear reports and dashboards, both dynamic and static;
- Fluency in Python, R or other relevant scripting and programming languages is an asset; Certificate of good conduct.
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before the 04th December 2020 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
The reference Data & Analytics Manager 2 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE.