The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is seeking to recruit an experienced, highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Regional Protection Data Manager 1 (RDM1).
The Data Protection Manager supports and provides guidance to the protection office on data management to enable evidence-based decisions and improvements in data collection, transmission, input and archiving, data quality, support and analytics.
The position is based at the Nairobi regional delegation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Under the orientation of the Regional Protection Data Manager 2 (RDM2), contributes to promote and to disseminate policies, rules and procedures related to Protection data and office management;
- Monitors and/or ultimately ensures the coherence and consistency of the Protection data and office management in the field;
- Technical reference in ICT Protection data management tools (Protection version6, Familylinks Answers, Familylinks Website, and Familylinks Extranet);
- Supports the Regional Data Manager 2 to provide analytical reporting related to Data management: contextual support and global analysis;
- Actively supports operational data managers in area of responsibility on their training and development on the job.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- University degree or equivalent
- 4 years+ work experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English (French or any other ICRC working language knowledge an asset)
- Team leadership and communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills (inclusive of mastering Office Suite tools (Excel, Words, PowerPoint)
- Confirmed skills in data analytics and data visualization
- Skills in training adult groups would be an asset
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 04th December 2020 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below: –
The reference Regional Protection Data Manager 1 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE.