Kenya Industrial Estates is a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises support institution established in 1967 with the mandate of promoting industrialization through indigenous enterprise development in the country.
The company plans to fill the following position with a view to effectively discharge on its mandate: –
Job Title: Manager – Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
Direct Reports to:- Managing Director
Job Purpose: –
a) Develop and execute an ICT Strategy and related policies and standards in line with the company’s s set strategy.
b) The incumbent will be irresponsible in developing, maintaining, reviewing ICT policy and procedures which supports its needs and strategic objectives;
c) Manage the introduction of structured end-user capacity building to ensure optimal and efficient use of all the ICT systems/tools available to the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop and ensure effective implementation of ICT policies, procedures and strategies in line with the company’s mandate;
- Manage the introduction, implementation and support of appropriate information and communication technology in the company;
- Develop and maintain security and control of IT systems and provide first line support;
- Design and implement controls and procedures that ensure accuracy and reliability in data capture, data processing and dissemination of information;
- Design and implement information security procedures based on standard best practice and corporate ICT security policies covering information system applications and infrastructure;
- Evaluate technology developments and ensure that the organization has appropriate, effective efficient and up to date ICT systems ensure
- Manage the introduction of structured end-user capacity building to ensure optimal and efficient use of all the ICT systems/tools available to the company;
- Develop the capacity of the ICT team to enable them to deliver on business goals
- Maintain liaison with other functions to determine their future needs;
- Facilitate automation of all offices including inter-office communication;
- Establish a strong working relationship with external suppliers in order to enhance productivity and manage costs and SLAs;
- Entity opportunities for innovation and foster the development of creative solutions;
- Guide staff to carry out ICT systems analysis, detect and act on faults on ICT equipment/systems and design to suit KIE needs;
- Ensure that staff write and test ICT programs according identified needs;
- Initiate measures to develop and update ICT application systems;
- Give specifications, evaluate and recommend on suitable ICT equipment as required.
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant degree from a recognized institution;
- Diploma or higher Diploma or relevant qualifications in ICT;
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant fields will be an added advantage;
- Member of a professional body;
- At least Seven (7) years of work experience with at least three (3) years at responsible/management level in an ICT function/environment;
- Demonstrate clear leadership and understanding of ICT strategy, policy, ICT applications and hands-on experience;
- Experience in a demanding ICT environment;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Fulfilled the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply:-
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and indicate their current and expected salaries to the undersigned.
In addition, all applicants Must download and fill Form 1A HERE and forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org email.
The applications should be received not later than 24th November, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.
Kenya Industrial Estates Ltd,
P.O. Box 78029-00507,