Head of Programme Support
Reference Number: IRC9640
- Ensure projects and programmes submit annual and quarterly activity and procurement plans in accordance with budgets and donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Facilitate timely procurement of goods and services for projects that have big project procurement, communication and construction items.
- Follow projects on start-up and close out phase and manage closely with program managers timely start of project implementation and following of set procedures using the start-up and close out template as reference.
- Check agreements and work closely with compliance team.
- Track timely budget release to field office, payments of contractors and consultants, and follow timely approval of quarter plans.
- Participate on Business development.
- Coordinate quarterly programme review meetings aimed at identifying and remedying performance gaps, as well as disseminating relevant information.
- Facilitate and works closely with M/E/R department in organizing annual operational plan and program/project review meetings including weekly and monthly performance review meetings.
- Participate in program and technical team regular meeting and document minutes and actions.
- Coordinate technical learning plat forms face to face or virtual between the program managers and project managers.
- Participate in a selected consortium meeting, participate in selected feedbacks.
- Support learning across projects within the programme.
- Document all project documents in the organizations at the organization knowledge management.
- Lead the development of program brief newsletter in close connection with communication and program.
- Work as a liaison agent between country office and field offices.
- Liaise the program and other departments.
To be considered for the role, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Economics/Community Development/Social Work or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)/Strategic Management or any related field is added advantage.
- Project Management certification and membership to a relevant professional body is required.
- Knowledge and relevant work experience of 12 years and above, with not less than 5 years in a senior management role.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in International Donor-Funded Projects, Project Management, Capacity Building and Facilitation.
- Must demonstrate expert proficiency in Leadership, Relationship & People Management, and Strategic Thinking.
The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please CLICK HERE to log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Tuesday 24th November 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old).
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts.
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable.