The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) in collaboration with the University of Washington (UW) is conducting research studies in Kenya.
The KEMRI / UW research collaboration aims to conduct interdisciplinary, setting-specific research aimed at improving the lives of women and children in Kenya.
Specifically, our research strives to understand various infectious diseases affecting these populations and testing interventions.
We are looking for a motivated, committed, and honest staff member to join our team in one of our research studies, Towards optimizing nutritional care for HIV exposed children in Migori and Homabay Counties – Lishe bora study.
Job Group: KMR/8
To be based at KEMRI/UW Migori and Homabay Study Sites
The Research Assistants will be reporting to the NIA Deputy Study Coordinator.
- Abstract medical record data in an accurate and timely manner from the HEI Register and Children Nutritional Services Register as per SOPs.
- Ensure all study databases and logs are up to date.
- Liaise with MOH staff for retrieval of HEI and Nutrition Registers for abstraction.
- Ensure compliance to Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and Human Subjects throughout study implementation
- Assist in developing and maintaining quality control and assurance checks for abstracted data i.e. prompt response to data queries
- In liaison with the study coordinator and study social scientist assist in planning and conducting Focused group discussions, in-depth interviews and system process mapping.
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of study SOPs and Databases.
- Ensure the safety and security of any study equipment assigned.
- Assist in the periodic preparation of study reports to the respective partners and supervisors.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned during implementation of the protocol
- Uphold the mission and vision of KEMRI/UW Organization
- Diploma in Nutrition.
- At least 2 years’ experience in data abstraction/electronic health records.
- Experience in REDCap is an added advantage
- PMTCT knowledge will be an added advantage
- Team player with ability to work closely with MOH and study staff
- Excellent written and oral skills with ability to communicate virtually with study team via zoom, skype, Microsoft teams, email etc.
- Proactive, creative, systematic thinker and problem-solver.
- Flexibility of travel across sites in Migori and Homabay County.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills.
- Must be able to work in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability, and integrity
- Ability to foster trust and open-communication with study participants
- Basic computer skills
Terms of Employment: Contract for one year, as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The successful candidate shall undergo a three (3) months probationary period for the first three months upon initiation of employment.
If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to complete the online application form and then send an application with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 referees to Email address: email@example.com to reach us by Friday 11th December 2020 at 3.00 p.m.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. kemri does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. if asked for a fee, report such request immediately
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.