Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS)
Job Vacancy: Head of Marketing & Strategy
Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a Christian and not-for-profit organisation based in Nairobi, Kenya.
It is a registered Trust of Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK).
The core mandate of MEDS includes supply chain for reliable, quality and affordable Health Products and Technologies; Quality Assurance and Health Advisory Services.
It was established in 1986 and operates all over Kenya and other regions of Africa.
Board of Directors is seeking to recruit a suitable self-driven and results oriented Head of Marketing & Strategy with good professional and ethical standing to take over from outgoing incumbent who is due to retire soon.
The Head of Marketing & Strategy who reports to Managing Director/CEO, will be responsible for providing leadership to promote sustainable business.
- Develop and maintain appropriate policies and procedures to guide and direct business operations
- Play oversight role of the organization’s corporate strategies in order to support growth objectives
- Monitor publicity programmes for market positioning and positive corporate image
- Represent MEDS interests at policy level with partners to sustain special projects
- Lead in market surveillance to inform organizational strategy
- Oversee management consultancy services to healthcare clients
- Provide leadership to ensure customer needs and expectations are met
- Coordinate client support services and programmes to ensure they meet customer needs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of capacity building and offer advice for sustainability
- Oversee income generation initiatives and services that build the capacity of health workers
- Plan and approve departmental expenditure for control and accountability
- Ensure effective performance management to achieve operational objectives and targets
- Demonstrated leadership with a track record of achievements, backed with vast experience with at least 5 years in a senior management level
- Strategic orientation, business acumen, interpersonal skills and integrity
- Strong leadership, communication, proposal writing, analytical and negotiation skills
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant related field
- Additional training and/or experience in Marketing or Strategy will be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you fit the profile of this position, please submit your application (electronic or hard copy) including:
- Detailed CV stating your current position, current salary, email address and telephone contacts
- Names and contacts of three (3) Referees (one of whom must have supervised you in the recent past and one who is your senior religious leader)
- Copy of Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
- Copy of National Identity Card
- Current Copy of Certificate of Good Conduct
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies
P.O. Box 78040, 00507
OR E-mail: HMSapplications@meds.or.ke
By: 13th November 2020
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted