Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation
Job Advertisement: Motor Vehicle Mechanic II
Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation (NTZDC) was established as a state Corporation under a Legal Gazette Notice No. 30 of 2002, revoking Legal Gazette Notice No. 265 of 1986, with the aim of promoting forest conservation by providing buffer zones of tea and fuelwood to check against human encroachment into the gazetted forests.
The Corporation’s operations are spread over nineteen (19) zones and two factories one in Nandi County and another one under completion in Kirinyaga County.
The Corporation’s major activities are in tea growing, tea factory operations and local sales distribution of value-added teas.
The Corporation seeks to recruit qualified and competent Kenyan citizens to fill the following positions:
Motor Vehicle Mechanic II
Job Purpose: Reporting to Green Leaf Coordinator, the job holder will be responsible for effective and efficient maintenance of motor vehicle and equipment to meet set targets
- Ensuring maintenance and repairs of equipment and transport facilities as per set quality standards and specifications.
- Carrying out comparative estimate cost of repairs and maintenance of motor vehicle and equipment.
- Ensuring timely implementation of preventive maintenance schedules.
- Ensuring that the cost of repairs is maintained within approved levels.
- Attending to minor breakdown of equipment and motor vehicle in the corporation.
- Conducting trouble shooting of motor vehicle and equipment.
- Coordinating installation of new equipment and commissioning within the set standards.
- Initiating purchases of motor vehicle spare parts required for repairs.
- Carrying out repair and maintenance of hydraulic systems of motor vehicle/equipment.
- Attending to emergency breakdown outside.
- Ensuring safe custody of spares, tools and equipment assigned.
- Carrying out inspection and repairs of motor vehicles.
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
- KCSE C (Plain)
- National Diploma in mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Driving License
- Three (3) years experience in fleet maintenance.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
- Be self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and obtain appropriate certification from the;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
- High Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae, daytime mobile telephone contacts, current gross salary, names and contacts of three referees, copies of certified relevant professional and academic certificates and testimonials.
Applicants should indicate the position applied for at the top of the envelope to be received before 13th November 2020 and addressed to the-:
Nyayo Tea Zones Dev. Corp.
P.O Box 48552 – 00100
Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified persons with disabilities and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.