Our client is a leading Oil and gas Multinational; they are looking for Workshop Managers to support the organisation in actualizing its auto/lubes bays operations in their selected station within Nairobi and its environs.
The position reports to Lubes Manager.
Job Purpose: This is a workshop manager / branch manager. The person is responsible for assisting in the smooth operations of the branch including sales and marketing, customer service, human resource management, building and plant maintenance, inventory management, financial control, safety and security of the company assets.
Key Result Areas
Sales and marketing
- Assess local market conditions; identify prospective business development opportunities.
- Ensure that current customers are looked after in the best possible manner in line with the franchise business guidelines.
- Oversee the retail sales staff providing support and direction as and when needed.
- Implementing all sales and marketing objectives of the company.
- Analyse customer feedback from customer service executives and deal with any complaints in a positive and timely manner.
- Build and maintain good rapport with customers.
- Oversee overall customer satisfaction.
Human Resource Management
- Manage and orient new staff to company culture and policies.
- Oversee that all guidelines and policies in respect to labour and human resources are adhered to.
- Recommend staff for employment or promotion within the branch to head office in accordance with the company regulations.
- Oversee human resource matters at branch level.
- Ensure that the delegated duties of the staff are being carried out in line with their responsibilities.
- Assess training needs and ensure that appropriate training is provided.
- Build and maintain a cohesive and motivated team at the branch level.
Building and plant maintenance
- Carry out regular checks of the entire premises and other assets.
- Ensure that the premises are clean and aesthetically appealing at all times.
- Ensure that all company assets are well maintained and accounted for.
Administration (Inventory management, financial control, safety and security)
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly reports as required by the management.
- Oversee that the workshop and stores functions are carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that the inventory records are accurately maintained and carry out physical monthly stock takes.
- Oversee receivables management at the branch level and ensure that it conforms to company policies to enable the company meet its financial commitments.
- Ensure that company stationery is stored safely.
- Ensure that all company documents are stored safely and filed in an orderly manner.
- Ensure that the company assets are well secured from theft, fire and any other potential risk or hazard.
- Leading and supervising.
- Working with people
- Writing and reporting
- Planning and organizing
- Entrepreneurial & commercial thinking
- Delivering results & exceeding customer expectations
- Coping under pressure
Education, Experience and Knowledge
The minimum requirements of this job are:
- Degree in sales and marketing or commerce or business administration.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the position of a customer service executive within our organization or at least 3 year experience at a similar position in the automobile industry.
- Knowledge of the automobile industry as well as automobile mechanics is an added advantage.
- Practical business management skills.
- Computer literacy.
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested applicants should send their detailed CV, indicating their current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5.pm 7th November, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Our client embraces equal opportunity for all”