Olivado EPZ Limited
Job Vacancy: Systems Administrator
An agribusiness company involved in the processing of avocado oil and export of fresh avocados from contracted farmers is looking for a qualified and competent individual for the above position.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the platforms and algorithms development.
The ideal candidates should meet the following minimum qualifications and be immediately available for the specified tasks.
Job Description: The Systems Administrator primary function is to design and implement platforms required by the business and computer support to the company. The role’s objectives are platform designs, company analytics, IT management and enhance flow of information within the company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creating and managing efficiency algorithms for operations and planning.
- Perform analysis for efficient decision making and information management
- Identifying potential platforms, software and hardware options and solutions for effective decision making to meet the business requirements.
- Designing selected platforms, software, and hardware solutions to meet different user needs for executive, business, management, and general staff.
- Monitoring of software and hardware resources and systems for breakdowns and down times.
- Overseeing implementation of a new systems including data migration software.
- Assist workers with installation, configuration, maintenance and ongoing usability of system hardware and software.
- Create and manage databases, safe communication and file sharing systems for different departments and stations.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person or remotely.
- Providing IT technical support on-site or remotely.
- Determining and installing appropriate IT security measures.
- Conduct daily network backup operation.
- Any other duties as required
Education and Skills
- B.Sc. in Computer science, IT, BBIT or any other related field or relevant experience in software development and hardware management.
- Programming and Mobile application coding skills: Java and Mobile Hybrid are compulsory
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Self-initiative to work and learn new trends.
Languages: English and Kiswahili
Personal Attributes and Values
- Ability to work under pressure, effective communication to all levels, teamwork, integrity & transparency, professionalism, and accountability.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals should submit their application which should include a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter highlighting an understanding of the required qualification and tasks to be performed.
The cover letter and CV should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org before 24th November 2020.
Only those meeting the mentioned competency should apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.