Vacant Position: Area Sales Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Industry: Paint Manufacturing
Our Client, a Leading and the most innovative paint company in East Africa providing tailor made solutions to the construction and retail segments of the market with innovative products, services and world class after-sales support is urgently seeking to hire talented and experienced Area Sales Manager.
The successful candidate will ensure sales volumes are continuously enhanced to maximize returns on investment whilstsustaining competitive advantage by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Sales & Collection:
- Sales and Collection target setting territory wise /dealer-wise/ product wise in accordance with the broad supervisory guidelines of Head of Sales.
- Sales Forecast – preparation of Sales Forecasts for the Territory / Area assigned Sales Person wise/dealer wise /product wise with pro action.
- Designing & implementing dealer schemes. Develop specific plans to ensure sales volume growth in all major focus products.
- Collaborates with Head of Sales to develop sales strategies to improve market share in major markets in Nairobi as well as in important product lines.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping with current market supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Focus to increase footfall at our showrooms and putting best efforts for effective utilization of showrooms to increase sales of super premium, premium and textures & designers’ finishes.
- Track, collate and interpret sales figures.
- Generate timely sales reports.
Dealer Management & Network Expansion
- Assists sales team in establishing personal contact and rapport with top customers.
- Lead the top-to-top meeting with key customers to ensure strong relationship and remove business obstacles, aligning with long-term company direction.
- Cultivate effective business relationships with executive decision makers in key accounts.
- Performs sales activities on major accounts, negotiates sales price, and discounts in consultation with head of sales.
- Ensuring regular visits of Sales Team to the dealers’ outlet and filling up Dealer Health Cards during their visit.
- Ensuring that all the communications are documented as per HOD guidelines and approvals only and no verbal commitment is given to the dealers on product pricing, schemes, cash discounts, Sales-collection linked benefits etc.
- Ensuring that the Customers-Dealers are served for their requirements in the quickest possible time to ensure Dealer Satisfaction particularly in issues pertaining to customer service, logistics, accounting etc.
- Monitoring DU performance and ensuring effective utilization of DU by selling super premium & premium products.
- Investigate lost sales and customer accounts. Design corrective action plan immediately to ensure minimum damage that to be recovered in short span of time.
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding new market and new customer base. Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market.
- Educates sales team for new dealers’ grooming, sales and growth, sales of new & focus products and improving product depth, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive
strategies, proper use and level of sales support.
- Collecting customer feedback and market research. Keeping up to date with products and competitors.
- Adherence to the Credit Control Policies and ensure Dealers outstanding levels within control & approved limits.
- Ensure account reconciliation will be done with dealers by sales team on monthly basis and balance confirmation will be received from dealers on quarterly basis.
- Maintaining effective rapport with the credit control team for ensuring that the Dealer Accounts are updated and dealers are supplied necessary accounting statements along with CN well in time to avoid confusions.
- Keep close track and control on Sales return and Check return ratio sales person wise & dealer- wise to maintain commercial discipline.
- Ensuring proper product positioning in dealers’ outlet, availability and display of POP material at dealers’ outlet, Product USP brief to dealers’ counter staff with the help of training team to enhance secondary sales.
- To keep track of local events and celebrations to explore the possibilities of getting associated with it to improve brand image and Sales volumes.
- Submitting recommendations for sales promoters for in-shop selling, branding requirements, and promotional material requirements as per business priorities in accordance with local / territory requirements.
- Submitting recommendations for painters’ training program, counter staff training program, dinners with dealers, Koroga, dealers’ meet, painters & dealers’ factory visits etc.
- Collaborates with head of sales to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade expenses.
- Develop innovative promotional ideas and material.
Team Performance Review & Tracking:
- Performance tracking of the assigned sales team and initiating necessary measures for target achievement & performance improvement.
- Manage Sales team to ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward and individual recognition.
- Hold regular weekly meeting with sales staff to reviews sales progress against plan.
- Provide quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity and BSC rating.
- Recruit new staff into team focusing on strong sales competencies and ensure that they perform well through coaching and monitoring skill.
- Identifying training needs of sales team and recommending for suitable training program.
- Checking, monitoring & reviewing Dealer Health Cards with sales team on weekly basis and provides prompt resolutions to issues/queries/suggestions/feedbacks mentioned in DHC.
- Ensure adherence to all sales policies, practices and procedures.
To perform any other duties as required by Management.
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales & Marketing or equivalent; Post graduate qualification is an added advantage; or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- Over 5 years’ experience in Sales & Marketing Management in a large company and at multiple sectors of the economy.
- Ability to lead teams, problem-solving, experience in handling issues of complexity in a busy working environment
How to Apply
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 12th November 2020.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line