Job Vacancy: Procurement Officer
Location: Mai Mahiu
Reports To: Head of Operations
Role Purpose: We are looking for a well experienced, highly talented and professional individual to fill the position of a procurement officer who will oversee the management of the daily procurement activities in the organization and ensure quality of goods and services delivered.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing and supervising all activities of the purchasing department;
- Preparing plans for the purchase of all production materials and equipment;
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures;
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased;
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records;
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, and product range;
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiations;
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers; and
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses and reports.
- Bachelors degree in procurement or in any other related field;
- Previous experience ( At least 3-4yrs) as a procurement officer in a manufacturing setup;
- Proficiency in computer software and ability to utilize and develop computerized; spreadsheets and word processing application; and
- Experience in using procurement and purchasing softwares.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines;
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills;
- Possesses integrity and ability to maintain accurate and confidential records; and
- Understanding of production and manufacturing methods and procedures.
How to Apply
Please note that the role is in Mai Mahiu.
Send your updated CV (Only) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th November 2020.
Clearly indicate the job title.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted