We are looking for a highly motivated Radio Broadcast Assistant Position.
The Candidate will provide support in the development and day-to-day production of local radio station.
He or she will give practical assistance to programme producers and presenters to ensure that shows run as smoothly as possible.
He/she will undertake key administrative activities as well as assisting in planning, researching and producing live and pre-recorded radio programmes.
- Responsible for the station’s imaging
- Checking if the equipment is in good condition. Live assist for live sho
- Download and edit shows
- Editing TV Voiceovers and dif erent programs
- Cutting adverts and mentions immediately after shows
- Responsible for monitoring the signal and ensuring we are on air at all times in all our frequencies.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the department
- Must have strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of the Radio market, dif erent station and programme styles, and audience demographics.
- Good knowledge and good ear for sound, music genres, artists and updates.
- Knowledge and ability to work with dif erent Radio Automation and editing software’s.
- A high level of IT skills – particularly good word-processing and data handling skills.
- Ability to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment, and to operate dif erent radio studios.
- Ability to conduct ef ective internet research, use relevant computer software for audio recording, editing, and, packaging when necessary.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Creative thinking, idea generation and problem solving skills.
- Must have confidence and tenacity to pursue information and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Ability to work ef ectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
- Determination, diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and patience, the ability to build rapport and draw information from people.
- A basic understanding of the law, ethics and industry regulation as they af ect Radio production.
- Self-motivation and adaptability.
- At least a Diploma in Mass Media, Radio Production, Journalism or a related field.
- At least one year’s experience in radio production.
- A good overall knowledge of the radio industry and the specifics.
- Ability to read and voice scripts will be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, job title on the email subject Radio Broadcast Assistant and expected gross salary.