Job Title: Restaurant Manager
Reports To: Finance Manager & Retail Manager
Location: Nairobi (with frequent travel to all branch offices)
Age: 30 – 43 years
We are seeking an individual who is dynamic and passionate about delivering results to join our Restaurant team.
Job Summary: To develop strategies relating to all Restaurant and food safety policies, procedures and quality standards to ensure continuous improvement and regulatory compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing meal costing schedules,
- Ensure customer service experience is maintained at high levels in order to achieve customer satisfaction,
- Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of the team in all restaurants,
- Develop duty/shift schedules for all team members.
- Provide ethical leadership to all team members,
- Ensure that adequate cost control measures are put in place in order to reduce wastage,
- Develop menu items in conjunction with the chef/cooks,
- Ensure the restaurant kitchen is clean, safe and food is prepared in a hygienic manner at all times,
- Prepare and present the profit and loss statements, give feedback and make proposals for improvements,
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice,
- Maintaining day to day internal controls of for the restaurant systems
- Ensure compliance to all health, food safety and environment regulations and laws,
- Reconcile inventory and present accurate reports to the management,
- Carry out market analysis for purposes of price analysis and projections,
- Any other duties assigned by the Management from time to time
- 10 years working experience 5 of which should be in restaurant management.
- Experience managing a chain of restaurants will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications in Food and Beverage or Catering or any other related field.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure,
- Accept responsibility for and in teams,
- Relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and cooperation,
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues, both junior and senior,
- Respond appropriately to environmental and safety hazards and function effectively in emergency situations,
- Utilize company systems effectively to ensure economical use of equipment and supply
- Be creative and innovative in minimizing costs,
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements should apply for the position through email@example.com.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.