Kenya Industrial Estates is a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises support institution established in 1967 with the mandate of promoting industrialization through indigenous enterprise development in the country.
The company plans to fill the following position with a view to effectively discharge on its mandate: –
Job Title: Manager, Risk Management
Direct Reports to:- Managing Director
a) This is a position responsible for the overall leadership of the Risk Management Function and successful attainment of a healthy loan portfolio through risk mitigation.
b) To promote and sustain a culture of risk management discipline within the institution;
c) To represent the risk and assurance function to the Board and ensure that there are effective standards and internal controls, policies and procedures, systems and a risk management framework that supports business sustainability and continuity as well as ensuring compliance with various regulatory standards;
d) To anticipate and proactively ensure management of all potential risks, including credit, operations, information security, regulatory compliance and reputation risks and to initiate actions to pre-empt systemic risks;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Spearhead and direct the Risk department team into identification and retaining the appropriate risk management discipline while supporting growth aspirations to achieve strategic goals of the company;
- Administer appraise all new investment and ensure that every approved project is technically feasible and economically viable;
- Ensure that Risk Management Framework is adopted and effectively applied across all departments of the institution;
- Implement the Credit Risk Management Policy and ensure that the risk management governance structures are fully functional;
- Identify credit risks in the business, monitor the actual level of credit risk on a regular basis and play a preventative role in risk control;
- Embed a culture of consciousness and transparency for risk management and ensure that the nature and size of risks are well understood by all staff;
- Manage risk on a day to day basis which includes monitoring and reporting. This should include measures and procedures for: – understanding key processes, risk identification, risk analysis and assessment responding to risks identified and assessed adequate information and communication and monitoring of risk management activities;
- Ensure issuance of quarterly statements/invoices. This shall automatically trigger status of an account;
- Initiate and oversee debt clearance and issuance of certificates upon completion of the loan and thereafter release of securities;
- Ensure remedial action is taken appropriately on non-performing loans, rents and mortgages through rescheduling, rehabilitation, write off, negotiation, legal action on Category D and E, repossession and disposal of securities;
- Initiate special task force on debt recovery upon approval by the Managing Director.
- Embed operational risk practices into business activities and support it with appropriate training and awareness;
- Manage the daily administration for loan documentation in full compliance with the internal standards and external regulatory requirements;
- Conduct periodical review on loan administration procedures to streamline workflow
- Generate, review and maintain loan disbursement reports for presentation to credit committees, and provide monthly reports on the same, in accordance to the credit policy and guidelines;
- Ensure post disbursement compliance with approved terms and conditions, assignment of rights, review expiry of credits, progress on payment, insurance etc.
- Review daily credit monitoring and management reports and identify non-performing loans with anomalies and proactively follow-up to ensure corrective action taken in line with credit policy;
- Monitor all irregularities, past dues, documentation deficiencies and report to senior management;
- Advise on risk issues and prepare reports for the Board to assist in decision making.
Requirements for Appointment
- Degree in any Business related fields e.g. (Business, Finance, Banking & Accounting or any other relevant field;
- Master’s Degree in the relevant fields will be an added advantage;
- A certified Member of a professional body;
- A minimum of Seven (7) years of experience with three (3) years in a responsible or Management role in a Risk function / environment and shown merit and ability as reflected in his/her work performance and results;
- Exposure to demanding operational environments, ability to gain insight into the most effective risk management applications and key points for
- Measurement of market risks facing the institution
- Gathering data for use in review of Risk Management Policies by monitoring reports
- Performance of administrative duties
- Experience and a good understanding of Risk and business lending products from the financial services Industry;
- An understanding of an Enterprise wide Risk Management Framework;
- Fulfilled the provision of chapter six of the constitution.
How to Apply:-
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and indicate their current and expected salaries to the undersigned.
In addition, all applicants Must download and fill Form 1A HERE and forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org email.
The applications should be received not later than 24th November, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.
Kenya Industrial Estates Ltd,
P.O. Box 78029-00507,