RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
Senior Program Coordinator 1 (Research and Design Specialist)
Job Summary: The Research and Design Specialist is responsible for supporting the Research and Design Lead and Research and Design Manager with the refinement, implementation and roll-out of the research associated with USAID Nawiri activities.
Implemented through a consortium led by Mercy Corps, RTI International is responsible for leading the research component of the project and ensuring the connection to the broader learning agenda.
Nawiri’s learning agenda reflects its multisectoral approach that integrates studies across a variety of subjects such as community health systems, adolescent health, livelihoods and markets, conflict, poverty graduation, resilience, and water, sanitation, and hygiene.
S/he would have excellent formative research skills, with demonstrated experience implementing field research projects that lead to and inform program implementation.
The Research and Design Specialist will support all activities of the Research and Design Lead and Research and Design Manager by contributing to the development, refinement and roll-out of research protocols, instruments, training manuals, literature reviews, data collection plans, analysis plans, dissemination plans and project reports.
S/he will also collaborate across consortium teams and with other RTI staff members to ensure high quality of field work and data analysis.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree and 6 years of experience or bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in public health, social sciences, economics, or related field. At least 3 years of experience researching, monitoring, and evaluating nutrition, agriculture, health, or community development activities. Experience with USAID projects preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the design/implementation/coordination of action research/implementation research that delivered evidence for action and results at scale
- Demonstrated understanding of formative research, implementation research/action research, and evaluation principles
- Proven ability and experience in data collection, management, analysis, use, visualization, reporting and dissemination.
- Strong quantitative and/or qualitative analysis skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Experience with multi-sectoral approaches working with different and diverse partners at national and sub-national levels preferred
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting while also taking initiative to complete assigned tasks with high quality and within tight timelines
- Must be a Kenyan National or have an authorized Kenyan work permit
Please follow this link http://m.rfer.us/RTIA058Ec or visit RTI International Careers page for more information about the opportunities.
The application deadline is November 24, 2020.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
*No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V