Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment.
We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 600 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 300 Fresh Life Operators.
We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people.
For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek a Maintenance Engineering Associate – Kilifi who will work in our Operational Excellence department.
Role Mission: Lead and implement cost reduction and infrastructure projects to achieve strategic objectives of the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops plans, schedules and budgets for continuous improvement projects
- Responsible for planning and execution of continuous improvement activities
- Coordinates and reports on CI projects; timelines and budget
- Leads and drives completion of projects on time with limited supervision
- Work closely with support teams to analyse the impact of all issues and propose preventive actions
- Analyse and report on;
- Adherence to timelines for continuous improvement projects
- Adherence to timelines for short and medium-term corrective actions
- Process cycle efficiencies
- Costs of poor quality
- Losses due to lack of mechanization, automation and energy sustainability
- Provide recommendations on;
- Improving cycle efficiencies
- Building healthy, prosperous communities
- Reducing costs of poor quality
- Improving mechanization, automation and energy sustainability
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or project management
- Advanced degree preferred
- 1+ years of experience in managing projects
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
How to Apply
To apply, please SUBMIT HERE a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 15th November, 2020.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Kindly indicate your salary expectations.
Please note the role will be based in Kilifi.