Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education.
We continue to change the lives of over 1.6 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals.
We offer more than just a job; we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on personal development.
Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) operates a Primary School Feeding and Early Childhood Development programme in Kenya.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following posts:
School Feeding Manager – Turkana County
We are delighted to be recruiting for talented School Feeding Managers to join our team in Lodwar, Turkana county. Reporting to the Programme Manager, the School Feeding Manager (SFM) will support the Country Programme Leadership in providing effective and inspirational leadership for Mary’s Meals Kenya team.
In close collaboration with senior members of staff, the School Feeding Manager will collaborate with communities, stakeholders at the County and National level in promoting Mary’s Meals Vision, Mission and values to ensure optimal programme implementation.
The role will be responsible for planning, coordination, accountability and management of the Mary’s Meals School Feeding Programme Delivery Model and expansions while continuously building and sustaining effective teams.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Leadership and Governance
- Provide leadership and guidance to School Feeding Officers and other members of staff.
- In area of jurisdiction, ensure compliance with Mary’s Meals Policies, protocols, principles and procedures.
- Continuously assess and seek effective approaches to build capacity of teams, volunteers and other supporters to the School Feeding Programme.
- Supporting the Country programme leadership in developing an annual/long-term strategic plan, proposals, budgets and workplans.
- Provide timely high-level reports and programme information to the country programme leadership, partners, donors and other functions/bodies/individuals as required.
- In consultation with the Programme Manager and other functional managers assess and determine training and development needs and implement capacity building plans which will include training, coaching to staff, volunteers, teachersand stakeholders in all key components of the programme.
- Support other core functions including Human Resource, Operations and Finance in all aspects of effective programme delivery.
Quality Management / Control
- In areas of jurisdiction, take full responsibility for all programme data management and quality processes and procedures.
- In accordance with MMK protocols, ensure timely development and validation of all food orders, dispatches and food quality in schools.
- Lead in review, validation and resolution of all data quality queries from School Feeding Officers and communicate/escalate these appropriately to MEL and Programme Manager.
- Support in all programme expansions including development of concepts, mapping, scoping and stakeholder engagements.
- Build, strengthen and continuously engage key stakeholders supporting the School Feeding Programme and ensure they all understand the MM Model, Vision, Mission, core values and principles.
- Ensure sustainable community and volunteer engagement including capacity building and feedback in all the schools we support.
- Representing Mary’s Meals in various meetings forums with collaborating partners at community, county and national levels.
- Any other assigned duties.
Strategy and Innovation
- Be a strategic thinker
- Continuously challenge the way of working and consistently seek opportunities to develop and apply innovative, sustainable and cost-effective approaches in programme delivery.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- A Degree in the fields of Education, Development Studies, Nursing, Public Health, Human Nutrition, Agriculture, Community Development or any other relevant field with demonstrable significant experience in a similar role.
- Advanced and well-developed inter-personal skills, with solid track record in persuading and influencing others.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to be in control of delegated responsibilities.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Able to work well with people of different cultures and nationalities.
- At least three (3) years practical project/programme experience two of which should be at team leadership level in an NGO environment with responsibility for managing staff, activities, financial resources, assets and external relationships.
- Experience of strengthening community participation in projects
- Team management experience, including leading, engaging and motivating a team of staff.
- Experience of developing reports, monitoring and reporting against agreed strategy.
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong field experience as a Programme/Project Management.
- Experience of managing logistics in any areas of stock management, warehousing, procurement and fleet management.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience of working in school-based programmes, particularly on school feeding.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate well across all levels
- An excellent team player able to work with senior and junior members of staff.
- Community engagement skills
- Well-developed skills in project / programme management.
- Experience working in a school environment with school-based structures.
- Experience of working with Government structures, NGOs and community-based groups.
- Experience of training and coaching others.
- Experience of working in a charity or not for profit organisation
- Experience of revenue generation or fundraising.
How to Apply
Applications stating expected salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, 07th December 2020 at 16:30 hours.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via official Mary’s Meals email address by latest 11th December 2020.
Mary’s Meals never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.