Senior Product Manager – Supply Chain Digitization at Sokowatch
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Sr Product Manager reporting to the Global Head of Product.
Sokowatch is seeking an experienced, data-driven & highly technical product management professional with an extensive background in the fields of inventory management technologies & warehouse automation, dispatch & fleet management, and/or delivery optimization to lead our ongoing efforts to digitize our logistics operations.
This role may be remote (as long as the time zone difference to East Africa is not impractical) or based out of one of our offices in;-
- Nairobi, Kenya (HQ)
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Kampala, Uganda
- Kigali, Rwanda
- Bangalore, India
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take charge of developing the product vision and planning the roadmap for supply chain digitization at Sokowatch.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research in the form of in-depth stakeholder interviews and structured data analysis to determine system requirements
- Prepare meticulous make-or-buy analyses for key technology implementations.
- Draft detailed product requirements for UX designers and engineering teams
- Lead sprint execution in collaboration with engineering management
- Communicate & coordinate diligently with technology stakeholders
- Plan and orchestrate feature releases
- Measure & report success on implementations
The ideal candidate has ≥4 years of experience in designing & implementing, and integrating a third party.
- Warehouse & inventory management systems and/or
- State of the art ERP systems and/or
- Fleet management systems and/or
- Route & delivery optimization platforms
And possesses the following skills & traits;
- Expert in agile product management practices and tools
- Systemic thinker conversant with reading ERDs and designing architecture diagrams and data models
- In-depth knowledge of fundamental supply chain processes and key accounting principles
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Diligent and forthcoming collaborator across multi-disciplinary teams
CLICK HERE to apply for the position!