Kenya Industrial Estates is a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises support institution established in 1967 with the mandate of promoting industrialization through indigenous enterprise development in the country.
The company plans to fill the following position with a view to effectively discharge on its mandate: –
Job Title: Senior Officer, Research & Planning
Direct Reports: Corporate Strategy and Planning Manager
Job Purpose: – The position is responsible for developing and reviewing periodic strategic and operational plans of the organization; monitor and evaluate all KIE programs in terms of quality, relevance, cost effectiveness and actual performance against planned targets to ensure that the company achieves set goals and objectives.
The position also heads research and development activities for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation / review Strategic Plans and implementation programmes
- Assist in the preparation of operations plans (work plans)
- In liaison with all the departments, put in place monitoring and evaluation systems (programs) for the work plans.
- Assist in coordinating the preparation of the company’s performance contract
- Monitor the achievement of the performance contract on quarterly and annually basis
- Monitor and supervising the implementation of the organization’s action plans.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on the implementation of the Action plan.
- Carry out impact assessment on all the action plans.
- Ensure existence and effective compliance of the company policies and procedures.
- Assist and participate in writing funding proposals to the government and other donors;
- Assist in lobbying and negotiating for funding for the company programmes.
- Carry out research on factors impacting on KIE operations both in the short term and long term
- Implement and monitor research findings
- Assist in ensuring compliance to Quality Management System requirements;
- Maintain and update the company’s database/information centre;
- Attend management meetings when necessary, compilation of management /departmental reports
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Requirement for Appointment
i. Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, statistics or any other relevant degree from a recognized institution;
ii. Master’s degree in relevant field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
iii. Experience in a business/planning/economic area with respect to the role;
iv. Proficiency in computer applications;
v. Work experience spanning at least three (3) years;
vi. Excellent report writing and presentation skills;
vii. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
viii. Fulfilled the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply:-
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and indicate their current and expected salaries to the undersigned.
In addition, all applicants Must download and fill Form 1A HERE and forward them to email@example.com email.
The applications should be received not later than 24th November, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.
Kenya Industrial Estates Ltd,
P.O. Box 78029-00507,