Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Job Vacancy: Safe House Matron
Organization Profile: Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) is an internationally-recognized grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives.
SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and linking these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform.
SHOFCO currently impacts over 350,000 individuals across 10 urban slums in Kenya, and is the largest employer in Kibera.
SHOFCO is a trusted name and service provider in Kibera with a 10-year track record.
For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.
Position Overview: To be responsible for leading, managing and monitoring of all girls living in the safe house in accordance to SHOFCOs standards and in support of SHOFCO’s vision.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Wake all the children early.
- Prepare breakfast.
- Escort the children to school on time.
- Accompany the children home in the evening.
- Ensure meals are served on time and children are well fed.
- Ensure general cleanliness in the safe house.
- Ensure safety of children at the safe house.
- Accompany sick children to hospital.
- Counsel children under the safe house.
Education: Certificate in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or any related field
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Examining information
- Adopt practical approaches
- Taking action
- Managing tasks
Behavioral Competencies / Attributes:
- Establish rapport
- Understanding people
- Team working
- Upholding standards
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed Cover letter and CV to the HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 6th November 2020.