Job Title: Technical Business Development Manager – Solar Projects
Industry: Renewable Energy
Salary: 250k – 350k
Our client is a leading battery and renewable energy company in Kenya.
They seek to hire a motivated and result-oriented Technical business development manager tasked with developing and executing strategic plans to achieve solar photovoltaic sales targets and expand the customer base.
The successful candidate will work broadly and collaboratively to achieve solar photovoltaic growth across Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania through prospecting, identification and understanding of customer requirements, designing and providing ideal solutions, relationship building and retention.
- Constantly scan for new credible sources of leads and sales opportunities for solar photovoltaic systems
- Identify, pre-qualify, and acquire prospects for the sale of large commercial solar photovoltaic Grid-Tie projects
- Negotiate and structure solar photovoltaic and solar integrated contract deals
- Act as key point of contact between client and the company in project implementation
- Continuously improve the company’s large solar installation ecosystem including but not limited to financing partners, technical capability, project management
- Target and contact key decision makers in large commercial enterprises, hotels/resorts, to create a need and present new project opportunities, propose specific sales contracts, obtain fully executed contracts for new projects, and achieve business development goals
- Develop and deliver high quality and professional solar photovoltaic and solar water-heating systems proposals to key decision makers in various sectors that build confidence, generate excitement and create results.
- Develop and cultivate long term relationships with prospective large commercial solar photovoltaic system consumers, government bodies, architectural, construction, engineering bodies and other related industries to help strengthen partnerships.
- Leverage on existing network and expand our product reach and repeat business through relationship building and exceptional customer experience
- Establish and nurture relations with leading photovoltaic developers, keeping up to date with what is new in the renewable energy sector worldwide.
- Represent the company at appropriate local and international forums, associations, trade shows/exhibitions, industry talks and other renewable energy platforms, updating management regularly
- Strengthen knowledge in solar and photovoltaic systems in the industry, new local/international trends, commercial/consumer trends, ensuring that you are constantly updated
- Ensure compliance with industry and relevant government bodies (ERC), for any renewable energy policy updates, product specs and requirements.
- Collaborate with the technical team to properly coordinate project implementation, and operations support interface, and proactively address problems/customer issues, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Provide regular feedback to the management on market trends, competitive threats and opportunities to deliver greater value to our customers.
- Strategic reporting on all sales activities including sales and prospecting activities, sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Maintain a database for contractors, quantity surveyors, architects, real estate agents, commercial and medium/small scale developers etc. who can partner with our organization
- Advise management on strategic issues relating to product lines materials, new proposals and problem areas.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Marketing / Energy Engineering (with a keen affinity for technical products)
- Minimum of 10 years sales experience in the energy industry
- Proven track record in sales and marketing, especially targeting large solar projects.
- Quick learner, capable of grasping the structure & intricacies of the energy business & markets.
- High business acumen.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relations at C-Level.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information and adapt it to specific customers.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong relationship building skills with a high degree of responsiveness, reliability and integrity.
- Self-motivated with e persuasive, enthusiastic and client-centric focus.
- Ability and willingness to travel is required; frequent and regular visits to prospects and customers.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Technical Business Development Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Thursday 12th November 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted