Job Title: Strategy, Risk and Compliance Manager
Reporting To: CEO & GM
Division / Department: Strategy, Risk and Compliance
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and the General Manager .The purpose of the Strategy & Risk, Compliance Manager Role is to establish and maintain mechanisms and systems of Strategy Management, Risk Management, internal controls and Compliance to assist the Board of Directors, Managing Executives and staff in meeting business objectives.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Specific Function responsibilities are to:
- Review organizations and determine their strengths, weaknesses, operational effectiveness and opportunities. Make recommendations based on internal and external factors to minimize risks and formulate plans to achieve an organization’s long-term goals.
- Formulate the Optiven SWOT & PESTEL & other strategy analysis models to make recommendations to the board of directors on a Monthly and Quarterly basis.
- Conducting research and analyses of operational effectiveness, processes, stakeholders, etc.
- Aligning departmental goals, processes and resource allocation with the organizational strategy.
- Assessing market trends and competitors can use Michael porter’s competitive model to analyze and report to the directors on a Monthly and Quarterly basis.
- Supporting and guiding senior executive decision-making processes
- Responsible for monitoring the focus of the organization strategy plan to ensure the organization activities meet the Vision and the strategy plan.
- Maintain the records and documentation of strategy plan and orient the executive team on the strategy plan with the guidance of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Work with the Sales Managers to meet the strategic goals and targets set ,by holding meetings , monitoring and evaluation and brainstorming on ways of achieving the organizational targets on a Monthly, Quarterly and annually basis.
- Work with departmental heads to ensure Board reports are ready for board review in all the functions of the organization. Make one board paper that meets the parameters necessary for board review for decision making.
- Establish and maintain an effective Risk Management System comprising the totality of the strategies, policies and procedures for identifying,assessing, monitoring, managing, and reporting all reasonably foreseeable current and emerging internal and external material risks impacting the business strategy, business plan and operational performance.
- Ensure the Risk Management System meets regulatory requirements. To Ensure that the Risk Management System includes:
- A comprehensive set of risk indicators and performance measures for monitoring the levels of risk being incurred by the business in relation to the defined risk limits.
- Adequate risk governance structures and decision-making processes, including written risk management policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies.
- Reports to inform the Board of Directors and Managing Executives on the evolving risk profile and material risk issues and events in the business.
- Processes for ensuring adequate contingency planning, business continuity and crisis management plans are in place.
- Advise the Board and Managing Executives on the monitoring and measuring of risk culture and contribute to the development and maintenance of the desired risk culture.
- Advise and challenge the Board and Managing Executives from a risk perspective on strategic decision making and business planning objectives to ensure they fully understand the implications of the decisions being taken and the possible mitigating actions to limit risk exposures.
- Advise the business on the design and implementation of controls, risk mitigation processes, outsourcing arrangements, projects and change programs, as well as remuneration and incentive structures.
- Manage and Maintain a Risk Register and report on Risk Analysis on a Monthly or Quarterly basis as required.
- Establish and maintain an effective regulatory compliance framework that includes a regulatory compliance strategy and appetite.
- Ensure an effective regulatory compliance management system is in place for identifying, assessing, monitoring, managing and reporting on material compliance-related risks to the business.
- Implement and maintain adequate compliance governance structures including written policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies. ( Ensure this applies to all departments by working with departmental heads)
- Advise and challenge the relevant Board and Managing Executives from a compliance perspective on strategic decision making and business planning objectives to ensure they fully understand the implications of decisions being taken and possible mitigating actions to limit compliance exposures.
- Ensure employees undergo training on regulatory compliance obligations and provide advisory services to staff, management and the board on compliance related matters.
Report to the relevant Board and Managing Executives on:
- The extent to which the business is ready to comply with new or emerging laws and regulations.
The level of progress with the delivery of the annual Compliance Plan.
- Ensure all departmental Audit takes place by working with the departmental team leaders and Audit reports are reviewed and gaps are made.
Skills and Competencies
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to have a positive impact on the people around you is proactive.
- Strong communication skills.
- Confident and assertive, able to garner the respect of others and influence change at the Executive level and throughout the firm
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and an ability to interact with all levels of management and staff throughout the organization
- Self-Leadership Skills
- Ability to structure responsibilities, tasks, and project management to eliminate wasted time and efforts
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities without missing deadlines
- Maintains a high level of attention to detail and is highly organized
- Can adapt to changing priorities and conditions throughout the day or week o Ability to respond calmly and maintain performance standards in a busy office setting
- Ability to maintain high service standards and problem-solve effectively when faced with new challenges
- Energetic and positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Self-motivated with a commitment to excellence and high-quality standards
- Leadership of Others.
- Effective teamwork planning
- Effective coaching and training of the team
Rigorous team performance management
Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in in a Business, Strategy, Leadership & Business Management.
- Masters levels on Business Management, MBA, Strategic Management, Corporate Governance and Leadership.
- Risk Management Professional Qualification
- At least 5 years of hands-on Risk and Compliance Experience & Strategy and Governance Management.
- 5 years of experience in business administration, management consulting or strategic planning.
- Excellent understanding of business operations and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Outstanding research and analytical abilities.
- Project management skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation.
How to Apply
If you believe you have high performance culture, positive mental attitude and are self-driven, then CLICK HERE to apply online on or before 15th December 2020.
NB: We do not charge for job applications and interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.