Job Vacancy: System Administrator
Job Purpose: The System Administrator is responsible for maintaining the company’s Information Technology infrastructure including but not limited to Data Servers, Staff laptop and desktop computers, Network routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs and network segments.
Equally manage the CCTV and Security Alarms systems to ensure zero redundancy.
- Perform regular Data backups for the server and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Develop and Implement Data Security policy and execute the policies in line and also manage internet usage and protocols.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers and integrated automation processes.
- Knowledge in SQL report creation and BI applications will be an added advantage.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Lead the helpdesk issue resolution and staff support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Network administration or system administration, report writing skills experience
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Certification in System administration and/or environment (Linux, Microsoft) or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, Hyper-V, VMWare, or equivalent
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV to email@example.com