Job Title: Tax Manager
Department: Finance Department
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Location: Nairobi – Head Office
Our client is a leading outdoor advertising company in East and Central Africa Regions.
They seek to hire a Tax Manager responsible for developing tax strategies and ensuring that the company and its subsidiary companies legally minimizes on tax liabilities through informed application of tax laws.
- Develop tax-saving strategy, optimizing respective procedures and adapting to the identified options to ensure tax efficiency
- Processing of the Company’s regular tax computations while observing the law and other regulations
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and annual filing of corporate taxes
- Establish appropriate system or processes for tax risk management for the Company
- Design and develop Tax policy and procedures for the Company
- Liaise and lobby with tax authorities and provide tax audit support for the company
- Manage external tax authorities and consultants locally and regionally
- Review current and deferred tax provision
- Resolve iTax issues that the business encounters
- Respond to company’s business partners tax queries
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on business operation matters to the various teams, e.g. departments include Finance, Procurement, Payments, IT, Payroll, Legal and other user departments
- Lead and coordinate ad-hoc tax-driven business initiatives internally
- Preparing national budget and emerging tax law briefs on matters affecting corporate and personal taxes;
- Preparation of regular reports for the management and ensuring the documentation of all taxations
- Applications to Revenue Authorities such as tax exemptions and registration
- Train Staff on Tax matters and any emerging tax issues in the Country
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Accountancy, or its equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ tax management and returns
- Technically strong with solid knowledge and experience in Kenya corporate tax compliance, including VAT, PAYE, Withholding Tax, Withholding VAT, Withholding Rent, Instalment Tax, Income Tax , and any other required by the KRA.
- Knowledge of International taxation laws and regulations;
- Prior experience in tax strategy implementation, planning support and project management will be advantageous
- Relevant professional qualification; CPAK or ACCA
- Member of a relevant professional body
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and meticulous
- Possess good business acumen and highly adaptive
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision
- Fast worker with ability to work well under pressure.
NB: Please quote your current and expected salary on your cv
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Tax Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th November 2020.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.