Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Career Opportunity: Accountant
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgement of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position listed below:
Vacancy no: AKHK/FIN/005
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will actively participate and assist in general management accounting and payroll management functions
- Financial Planning and analysis
- Prepare detailed cost reports, identifying key overspends and variances and identifying opportunities of improvements
- Gathering and interpreting information to evaluate the efficiency of financial procedures
- Payroll processing and management
- Compiling of tax and other statutory payments and ensuring timely submission to statutory bodies.
- Preparation of fulltime and part-time payment schedule for consultants Doctors
- Ensure compliance with governmental laws on payroll accounting and taxes
- Carry out monthly reconciliations and inter unit accounts
- Actively participate in budget formulation and preparation
- Degree in Accounting, or Finance
- CPA Finalist
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Working knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Working knowledge of Peoplesoft payroll system & iScala accounting will be added advantage
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before 27th December 2020.
The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g. “ACCOUNTANT AKHK/FIN/005”
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination, or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”