Advertising Business Executive – Ad Agency Sales & Partnerships
Location: Westlands, Nairobi
Our client, an out-of-home (OOH) and outdoor advertising company, is looking for a qualified Advertising Business Executive to manage advertising agency client accounts and act as a link between them and the company.
Job summary: Responsible for creating long-term, trusting relationships with our customers (ad agencies & business partners).
The role oversees a portfolio of assigned clients, develops new business from existing clients and actively seeks new sales & business development opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all agency account management matters
- Remain in close communication with customers to comprehend their needs and specifications and submit proposals
- Source, negotiate and onboard partnerships that would be beneficial to building the business
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Negotiate budgets and deadlines and make detailed presentations justifying costs and schedules
- Collaborate with colleagues to execute campaigns or projects according to the standards discussed with clients
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements with outdoor companies to maximize profits
- Undertake administrative work and keep records of clients
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to management
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare weekly reports on account status
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
Key Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years in agency advertising sales
- Experience in leading & building a team
- Proven track record in generating revenue
- Proven work experience as an Advertising Sales Business/Account Executive, Business/Account Executive, Key Business/Account Executive, Sales Business/Account Executive or relevant role
- Deep understanding of sales & marketing principles and negotiating techniques
- Fast learner and passion for sales and business development
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, HubSpot) and MS Office
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or relevant field
Compensation: Competitive salary plus commissions and allowances (airtime, travel/fuel and entertainment)
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 15th December 2020
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.