Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Contract: Fixed term
Reporting Line: Project Manager
Profile Introduction: Altima Africa is looking to engage an Assistant Project Manager on a fixed term contract in a change management project.
The role holder will support the Project manager and team in carrying out the project assignment as set out below.
- Project Planning- Support the project Manager in the project planning process, including definition of the project plan, governance structures, project communication plan and risk management plan;
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation- Liaise with client project coordinator and team members to ensure timely execution of project activities and resolution of issues. This includes proactively managing any changes in project scope, identifying potential issues/risks and devising mitigation and contingency plans.
- Communication- Serve as the focal point for all inbound and outbound communications regarding the project status, deliverables, issues, and risks. Prepare all project governance communication documentation and attend project steering and project team meetings;
- Document Management- Create and maintain key project documents including project plan, budget, status reports, issue logs, risk mitigation log, change management log, and other deliverable document templates;
- Stakeholder Engagement-Actively engage with project sponsor and executive management to ensure appropriate strategic alignment of project with agreed-upon business objectives;
- Resource Management-Assign duties to respective consultants to implement project activities as needed
- Planning & organization;
- Self-Starter, autonomous, able to take initiatives and to work under limited guidance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Good project management;
- Relationship management;
- Stakeholder Management;
- Problem solving ability and adaptability.
- Bachelors degree in a business related field;
- Project management certification a must;
- 5-7 years’ experience with at least three (3) years in project management;
- Comfortable collaborating and managing delivery with high level executives;
- Self-driven, highly organized and a great communicator;
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts will be an added advantage;
- Change management certification preferred.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com with the subject Assistant Project Manager by Thursday 24th Dec 2020.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.