Bridge International Academies
Property Sales Agents
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country.
We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world.
Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution.
We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning.
Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children.
Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having a world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
We work across Kenya to improve learning for underserved communities. Kenya was where we launched our social enterprise, opening our first school in 2009. We began partnering with the
government, communities, teachers and parents to improve education in Kenya. We’re data driven and our models adapt to the needs of individual governments. We’re flexible wherever we can serve more marginalized communities and improve learning outcomes for children.
Our Development owns the life cycle of academy expansion, from identifying potential land deals in our communities through to constructing academies, sometimes several dozen at a time. The construction team is responsible for building on greenfield sites and renovating existing sites to Bridge’s spec for academies.
About the role
You will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of allocated sales targets for the assigned assets or reclaimed materials by proactively and rigorously engaging potential partners in order to close potential sales deals.
Success will be dependent upon the individual’s ability to be an out of the box thinker, possessing the uncanny ability to find and close suitable deals that meet all defined requirements. You should be a strong negotiator, and possess the ability to close the sales agreement all within predefined timelines. You will ensure achievement of sales targets as will be assigned.
Note: This is a commission-only position with a competitive commission structure.
What You Will Do
- Source for potential clients to buy reclaimed materials or assets allocated.
- Present purchase offers to buyers for consideration.
- Mediate negotiations between buyers and ensure closure of agreement.
- Ensure that all terms on the purchase contracts are met and payment is made.
- Advise clients on prices, market conditions, and related information.
- Accompany clients during visits and inspections of the assets up for sale.
- Promote assets through advertisements and listing services.
- Advising customers on the suitability and value of the assets to be purchased.
- Act as the face of the company and offer exemplary customer service to all clients.
- Maintaining contact with potential clients in the assigned areas to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
What You Should Have
- Strong sales, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and negotiate contract terms.
- Excellent ability to network with a variety of customers.
- Strong work ethic, and a pleasant and trustworthy demeanor.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience selling construction materials is an added advantage.
- Strong skills in using the internet and other available platforms to advertise, scout, negotiate and advise on assets to be sold.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen and reside in the area assigned.
- Flexibility to travel to assigned sites during client visits.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource
communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
How to Apply
Visit the Bridge International Academies Careers and apply directly using this link Property Sales Agents.