Job Title: E-Food / Grocery Merchandise Manager
Reporting to: Senior Merchandise Manager
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world.
The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25 000 employees from 70 nationalities.
They are seeking to recruit an E Food/Grocery Merchandise Manager responsible for the category on the Carrefour Online web store in regard to product online display.
He or She will be responsible for the database application, promotions, and leaflets by coordinating with the merchandise team.
In addition to this, they will be responsible for negotiating for exclusive promotions from suppliers that will run on the Carrefour Online Web Store & ensuring follow up on rebates for promotions run within the agreed stipulated period.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a role model and ensure the application of Majid Al Futtaim Retail corporate policies and guarantee the implementation of all laws, regulations and cultural practices of the operating countries are followed and respected.
- Practices the company values and guarantees the same is respected and followed by the department team members.
- Promotes and practices communication and participatory management within the team.
- Contribute to the internal communication of the company strategy and objectives.
- Communicate social information that can affect the activities and/or image of the Company.
- Respects the procedures in accordance with the DOA.
- Proposes the yearly department budget and ensures the respect of the approved budget.
- Sets appropriate control mechanisms to ensure budget compliance and takes corrective measures when necessary.
- Propose and takes necessary measures towards reduction of the distribution costs
- Negotiate online-specific rebates with suppliers.
- Select (HM extract) or create e-specific promotions.
- Create specific marketing initiatives (offer and delivery).
- Coordinating with Operations and CCS regarding loyalty, product online display and substitution.
- Find ways to optimize the substitutions in case of stock-outs or unavailability.
- Ensure assortment of his/her online category is aligned with E-Grocery specific requirements (availability, margin), as for promotions.
- Apply pricing strategy and optimize pricing for selected products within her/his category.
- Assist external contractors and coordinate with his team for master data enrichment to cover online experience requirements.
- Benchmark competitors’ offer and practices for her/his category, find ideas and solutions to improve CRF Majid Al Futtaim Retail online experience.
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES
- Bachelors’ Degree Commercial or Marketing
- 3 to 5 years in Retail Business preferable in Marketing / Pricing
- Good Communication and Presentation Skills
- Strong commercial and marketing knowledge and skills
- Negotiation skills.
- Project Management
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th December 2020.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement