Our client is a leading automotive manufacturer looking to fill the below position.
Please note you need to be based in Meru, Nakuru or Mombasa.
Cashier and Spare Parts Coordinator
Required Experience, and Qualifications;
- Diploma in a finance related course
- At least one year of cashier and cash handling experience
- Agility with numbers; ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, and post to the system. • Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated and creative personality; Disciplined and work with minimal supervision. • Multi- tasking; Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and follow procedures exactly, every time.
- Attention to detail, and time management.
- Honest and transparent person; Must always convey accurate data to management
- Flexibility; Adapts to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities. 3. Key Results / Performance Areas
- Daily cash up and cash reconciliations at the beginning and end of shifts to make sure that cash on hand balances with theoretical cash on hand
- Making sure that there is adequate/appropriate float.
- Establish or identify prices of products and raise cash sales using cash register or point of sale
- Calculate total payments received during a period and reconcile this with total sales. • Recording the receipts in the cashbook or POS system on a daily basis.
- Good customer service
- Maintain and monitor state and stock levels to prevent / avoid stock-outs and rotten products in the shop.
- Do daily stock take of product issued before and after sales
- Attend customer enquiries and complaints.
- Ensure that daily cash takings are reconciled, safe and secure before handover and signing off to administrator/supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Ensure cash counts are conducted on all receipts and adequate documentation is maintained and fully signed off.
- Maintain spare parts stock
- Process all customer receipts in the accounting information system based on verified official records.
- Produce a daily report for all stores detailing the sales for the day and actual deposits made.
- Review each and every piece of information before processing it and maintain a strong understanding of Product Type, Price and customer accounts to avoid miss posts.
- Compare stock movements to reported sales and reconcile and highlight any discrepancies daily and per store
- Provide backup support to other groups in the accounting department, type periodic reports and perform other general administrative duties in direct support to the Assistant Accountant.
- Ensure all cash is fully reconciled at the end of the month and all un-deposited cash locations are known and reported accurately.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications to send their CV, indicating past or current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, clearly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Applications are due by 19th of December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and those not currently employed or available immediately are encouraged to apply.