Job Re-advertisement: Project Assistant
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right.
For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities.
We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty.
We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods.
We’re making an impact – learn more.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death.
In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to strengthen health care delivery in CHAMPS-supported facilities and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and facilities.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy and will have strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
The Programs Department plays a critical role in achieving CMMB’s strategy around improving the lives of women and children, by leading the provision of high quality programs focused on children’s and mothers’ health, and particularly in the development and implementation of our CHAMPS model.
This team is also responsible for generating revenue from and partnering effectively with government(s), major foundations, and other major donors, and will help to position and enhance CMMB’s technical capacity and reputation in the field of global healthcare.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
You will support the day to day implementation of project interventions and be responsible for the realization of project deliverables within your area of operation.
Further, s/he will support operationalization of program quality, documentation, experience sharing and learning initiatives introduced by the project as well as contribute to the preparation of timely donor reports.
The position will also support the project’s stakeholder engagements in the county with overall support and guidance of the Project Officer and Project Manager.
- Participate in planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
- Review and track progress of project implementation and utilization of project resources, using participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation related to project monitoring and implementation, including up-to-date performance data on the indicators being tracked by the project.
- Ensure a working environment of mutual trust, respect and care with other staff, encouraging effective teamwork with staff members and partners.
- Identification, recruitment and retention of beneficiaries
Budget and Financial Management:
- Ensure that project activities comply with CMMB financial guidelines, policies, procedures and regulations.
- In collaboration with the finance teams and supporting the project officers, ensure timely payments of project beneficiaries and provide liquidation reports.
- Participate in the preparation of annual project budgets, quarterly and monthly budgets.
Monitoring, Accountability, Evaluation and Learning:
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track project progress on project implementation.
- Promote innovative/effective methods towards achievement of project objectives.
- Support documentation processes of project success stories, best practices, lessons learnt and other project innovations and learnings.
- Supervise and mentor the peer educators, community adolescent treatment supporters, CHVs and community advisory boards towards creating and enabling environment for PLHIVs and the AGYWs
- Support implementation of community-based project activities to ensure adherence to set quality standards.
- Monitor the performance of peer educators, community adolescent treatment supporters, CHVs and community advisory boards and continuously mentor them as needed.
- Work with the Project and M&E Officers to prepare donor project narrative reports, collect monthly and quarterly performance data, as well as other reports needed/required.
- Regularly organize and coordinate meetings with key stakeholders on project progress and challenges.
- Engage stakeholders at all stages of the project cycle for their insights on the appropriateness of project approaches and interventions.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Community Health, or related field
- You have at least 3 years’ in Community Health work within a public health focused Non-Governmental Organization.
- You have experience working with HIV care and treatment interventions
- You understand the 90 90 90 HIV management cascade
- You have impressive community mobilization experience
- You have an extensive understanding of the Community Health Strategy and working with the various structures under the same.
- Experience in the implementation of Global Fund HIV Grants is an added advantage.
- Your analytical and writing skills are very good
- You have experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and have data analysis software skills
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we are going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to Apply
All applications must be received by 31st December 2020
Previous applicants need not apply.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.