Job Title: Conference Centre Manager
Role Purpose: Our client leads in offering a great service in the hospitality industry, with comfortable accommodation of 70 rooms, a fantastic conference facility where the largest hall has a capacity of 100, a dining hall and serene gardens. The Manager will be the overall in- charge of the day to day operations of the facility.
- Planning and supervising the business of the Centre to generate revenue as a Strategic Business Unit for our client;
- Development and implementation of marketing and sales strategies;
- Ensure proper maintenance of records pertaining to bookings and reservations, House Keeping, services rendered to clients, financial records and guest feedback and evaluation;
- Ensure prompt billing and timely revenue collection from clients for services rendered;
- Ensure efficiency in stocks management;
- Ensure adherence to our client’s policy on procurement procedures;
- Responsible for general operations for all departments within the facility including, Accounts, Restaurant, Housekeeping, Front Office, Stores, Kitchen and Marketing;
- Handling of special attention clients. Welcoming and ensuring their stay is memorable and eventful;
- Monitor and lend oversight to budget implementation and implement effective cost control procedures;
- Establishment of standard operating procedures for all departments;
- Maintaining and fostering good business relations with all clients of the Centre;
- Work closely, transparently, and collaboratively with the Leadership and other staff in the interest of the Conference Centre;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Appointing authority;
- Coordination of all catering and accommodation facility in the Thika Center;
- Managing operational costs, ensuring proper food production;
- Prepare monthly and annual reporting on the facility and take responsibility for the operations budgetary control;
- Will be charged with recruiting and supervising a team; and
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures of occupational standards that relate to the hospitality industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management or any other relevant discipline;
- At least 10 years management experience in a hospitality oriented organizations;
- Ability to spot opportunities, create conferencing packages, market the products, and increase sales;
- Knowledge and skills in developing innovative non-conventional client packages found in Eco-tourism, Agri-tourism etc;
- Business minded and able to relate costs and benefits with a view to spending less and expanding surpluses;
- Good writing and documentation skills for publicity, marketing, financial operational and financial reporting;
- Have a combination of an entrepreneurial and community development mind; and
- Experience in running an Institution that demands busy logistical connections will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th December 2020.
Clearly indicate the job title.
Only shortlisted candidate(s) shall be contacted