The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water and energy solutions in the region.
The Group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan, DRC and Zimbabwe.
The company has a total complement of over 800 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region and seeks to fill the position of Software Developer.
The overall purpose of this position is to design, develop and support new or modified software products.
The successful candidate will report to the Digital Marketing Manager and will have the following qualifications and abilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing and growing Davis & Shirtliff’s online presence, including management of social media campaigns.
- Perform routine systems upgrade, support and rollout of key systems including websites, eShops, portals, apps etc.
- ICT systems research to provide creative and innovative business solutions.
- Work with users and management to identify areas with potential for technology solutions and implement.
Qualifications and Experience
- Holders of an Upper 2nd class honours degree in Computer Science or closely related field from a recognized institution with a minimum of two years’ industry experience.
- Experience in the following areas is essential
- Constructing pixel perfect websites and apps.
- Implementing and monitoring campaigns using Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager and Twitter Ads.
- Database environment using MySQL and SQL Server with hosting on Azure, AWS and cPanel.
- Shipping high quality code into production.
- eCommerce, Adobe Photoshop, APIs, GitHub, Big Data, and knowledge of Laravel and Flutter frameworks are added advantages.
Candidates should be passionate about software development, learning new technologies, e-commerce, solving problems using technology and be comfortable working in a DevOps culture with regular scrum sessions.
Interested applicants meeting these requirement should CLICK HERE to apply, enclosing CVs, testimonials and recent colour passport size photo latest by close of business on Tuesday, 15th December 2020.