Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital
Dental Officer / Community Oral Health Officer
- Screening patients, reviewing a patient’s oral health history and offering appropriate brushing and flossing techniques.
- Perform oral examination and charting, cleaning of teeth and polishing.
- Perform simple extractions, place fissure sealants and apply topical fluorides and temporary fillings.
- Use dental X-ray machines to take dental radiographs and develop the film for the dentist’s analysis.
- Review pre-operative settings and make sure that the dentist has what is required to carry out dental procedures; i.e. provide necessary help to the dentist, including mixing materials, trimming, and polishing dental casts.
- Implements and adheres to infection prevention protocols including autoclaving instruments after use, cleaning the dental procedures’ space and storage of the clean.
- Maintain a record of day-to-day activities of the dental unit and prepare regular reports as needed.
- Inventory management of equipment and supplies at the dental unit. This includes preparing orders as needed to avoid stock outs.
- Diploma in Community Oral Health from a reputable institution.
- Current practicing certificate.
Applications to reach by 14th December 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org