Africa International University is a private Chartered International Christian University with its main Campus located in Karen, Nairobi.
Our Mission is to educate Christ centered leaders for the transformation of God’s people and the world through innovative programs, research and community engagement.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to fill the following position:
Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academic Affairs and Research
Vacancy Code DVCAA&R – 2020
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (AA & R) is head of the Academic division in the university responsible for Academic Affairs, Research and Student Affairs.
He/she is also the deputy to the Vice Chancellor and will be responsible for strategic leadership of the division
- Responsible for the academic affairs of the University with direct oversight of the faculty, curricula, and quality of programs.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of sound academic policies, control and procedures that ensure the realization of AIU’s mission and objectives.
- Lead continuous planning regarding all academic matters, including new programs.
- Prepare and monitor budgets for the academic affairs division t.
- Promote integration of Christian Faith- and- Learning in all of AIU’s programs.
- Give leadership in matters of accreditation and government approvals.
- Cultivate healthy communication and interaction among students, teaching and non-teaching staff and management.
- Be a member of the management board, senate and any other appropriate committees by virtue of office.
- Chair the Deans committee.
- Monitor and maintain high standards in all programs and ensure compliance with accrediting agencies requirements as well as internal quality assurance provisions and standards.
- Cultivate a missional research culture and integration of faith, learning and life.
- Promote strategic academic partnerships globally.
- Be responsible for special university wide academic projects and events.
- Perform other duties from time to time as may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
- Be a full Professor or an Associate professor and holder of an earned Doctorate degree or equivalent qualification from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Must have at least twelve (12) years of academic research and managerial experience at a senior level in a University or equivalent institution with demonstrable leadership and management capacity such as having served as a university Campus Principal or a Dean of a school/faculty or other senior managerial position for at least 5 years.
- Have proven scholarly and research record demonstrated by publications in internationally peer reviewed journals, monographs, and books in their areas of specialization, and supervision and mentorship of Masters and Doctoral students.
- Have excellent understanding of university financial policies, strategic planning, human resource management and procurement processes.
- Have clear knowledge in the structural, legislative and regulatory framework for administering University Education in Kenya, as well as excellent understanding of current national, regional and global trends in University education and training and the factors and conditions shaping development of university education.
- Demonstrate leadership record in formulation and implementation of academic, administrative and planning programs, development of strategic institutional and industry linkages.
- Have experience in networking, partnerships and resource mobilization for research, scholarships and development, and be a team player with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a registered member of professional association(s), where applicable, and be of good standing with a clean disciplinary record in public and/or private sectors; and be of high ethical standards, integrity and accountability.
Personal attributes and skills
- Have excellent PR and good negotiation skills with faculty and students.
- Be ICT competent and able to operate in a digital environment.
- High competency in oral and written communication.
- Capacity for vision casting, as well as planning, development, and implementation.
- Cultivating and leading (encouraging and empowering) the staff team.
- Skilled in leading networks and working collaboratively with regional association leaders.
- Have a good record of cross- cultural experience with demonstrable relational and social skills for working in an international and multi-cultural learning community.
- Have a reputable track record as a leader of integrity, team player and committed to collegial, consultative approach to decision making.
Applications should be emailed to job application ensuring vacancy code is in the subject. Attach a cover letter, detailed resume and duly filled job application form.
Deadline for application is December 31st, 2020, 5.00 p.m.
Academic and non-academic staff of AIU are required to be faithful to the Evangelical Faith and practice and to the Christian ethos and code of conduct of the University.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted