Our client, a leading outpatient health service provider in Eastern Kenya, seeks to recruit a Human Resources Manager.
He/she will be responsible for establishing HR function as the organization lifestyle; ensuring every head of department acquires basic HR leadership skills to promote employee engagement, assignment of work, resolving grievances and disputes as well as assigning work.
The job holder will also be responsible for attracting & Keeping High performing staff, well trained Staff, High performance organization culture, Team collaboration & innovation.
Job Location: Embu
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Levels of Authority: HR Assistant, Support HODs and Managers
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provides leadership in developing a functional organization structure
- Works with the organizations managers to develop & monitor performance management system for monitoring, assessment of employee results and performance improvement interventions.
- Advice & supervise Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) & managers to develop effective work plans & work schedules to ensure operational efficiency and reduced wastage
- Ensure employee mentoring, coaching and performance monitoring is practiced and recorded at a minimum quarterly basis by each of the SMEs & managers
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensure development, correct interpretation and implementation of human resource policies and procedures.
- Monitor & evaluate staff absence, engagement, ailment/sick leaves and annual leave schedules.
- Provides human resource performance and talent management reports on regular periods as required by CEO/ Board.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Work with SMEs & managers to ensure new staff members are oriented & inducted according to best practice.
- Maintains a competitive employee compensation and benefits system by carrying out frequent comparative surveys with selected comparators
- Overseeing implementation of an effective human resource management information system for: monitoring, tracking and evaluation employee activities
- Coordinate staff trainings & capacity development
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Works with SME to establish an effective system for handling grievances and resolving disputes.
- Guide in the development & implementation of HR & Talent Management Strategy
- Manage the Recruitment & retention of high performing, qualified staff members
- Develops, designs and implements recruiting strategies. Write, edits and works with advertising agencies on recruitment job announcements.
- Ensure all Staff roles and duties are aligned to the organization’s mission, goals & objectives
- Lead in the training, development and mentoring staff capable of sustaining the organization’s competitive advantage
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor degree in HR Management, Business Management or related field
- At least 7 years ‘progressive work experience in similar positions with related responsibilities, 3 years in a leadership role.
- Track record of recruiting high quality talent.
- Demonstrated experience of running a robust high performance management process/system and a reward program.
- Experience in driving Succession planning in key roles/ departments
- Good knowledge of local labour regulations, employment laws and legal regulations
- Professional qualifications in HR Management-Member of a professional body with a valid practicing license.
- Knowledge and expertise in the HRIS system.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues of a confidential nature with tact and professionalism.
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve agreed results and outcomes.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Human Resources Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current & Expected salaries.