We are looking for a HR & Administration Manager to work in a Christian NGO in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Human Resource & Administration (HR & Admin) Manager will lead, direct and manage the day-today Human Resources and Administrative operations of the Country Programme and contribute to the achievement of the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all HR management and development (including recruitment, induction, compensation and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievances, mentoring, salary and conditions, contracts, career development, training, talent management, succession planning, rewards, driving performance appraisals and any other HR related issues).
- Lead the work to regularly review the talent/skills management processes, resource planning and succession planning.
- Where necessary, work in partnership with Programme Manager on projects to aid continuous improvement and implement improvement programmes (e.g. changes to working practices, organization changes, and Organisation’s “excellence” in programmes).
- Provide insight and recommendations on HR initiatives that can be leveraged to strengthen organization’s results e.g. leadership/development programmes.
- Work with other Senior Managers to uncover the talent/skills implications e.g. any significant gaps to meet long-term objectives and create a long-term workforce plan that prioritizes people related initiatives.
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- Liaise with the Country Director and other Managers to understand their HR requirements and ensure they are fully informed of the organization’s HR Policies.
- Keep up-to-date with HR legislation by researching and attending necessary government/NGOs meetings, events and providing suitable interpretation to Director and Managers
- Update the organization’s relevant forms, policies and procedures to ensure accessibility for employees at all times.
- Acting as a mediator when required to try and resolve employee grievances to ensure that complaints & feedback mechanisms are followed as per the HR Policy to help improve employee engagement.
- Ensure that staff welfare is given first priority and taken seriously.
- Handle sensitive organization/staff personnel information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Oversee and supervise Administrative Assistance, Volunteers, Interns and any other junior staff
- Coordinate office repairs and equipment (Premise Management).
- Handle relevant government correspondences
- Maintain and track stocks of office supplies/stationery and placing orders when necessary
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems on all Admin related issues
- Take accurate minutes of meetings, signing and filling in an orderly manner for easy reference and retrieval
- Attend relevant meetings, functions and events both internally and externally
- Provide information to internal colleagues or external inquiries.
- Ensure that Field teams are updated on all Admin issues regularly
- Ensure the mandatory payments are done by the Accounts office in time e.g. water, electricity, invoices etc.
- Arrange internal and external official events e.g. parties, team building, etc.
- Ensure the vehicles are running smoothly; monitoring mileage for timely services, projects and/or any hire contracts, repairs, change of tyres, fuel consumption, Insurance renewals, etc.
- Keeping clean files per vehicle (Fleet Management)
- Ensure that staff/visitors travelling to the field are supported in all aspects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration majoring in HRM
- Membership with Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) is desirable
- Over 7 years’ experience three of which should be in a similar position
- Experience in NGOs/Humanitarian/Community Development environment is preferred
- HR Reporting skills
- Good leadership and
- HELB clearance certificate or payment schedule
- Valid Kenyan Driving license
The budget allocated for the position is Kshs. 120,000pm Gross.
The qualified candidate will be required to report to work on Tuesday, 05 January 2021.
If you are qualified and interested, kindly send your CV to email@example.com