International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Regional Human Resource Manager
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: The Regional HR Manager (HRM) acts as a strategic partner, change agent, employee champion and functional expert for stakeholders and clients.
The Regional HRM works with the HRMs to bring intelligence and insight on HR matters to the respective management team and the HR Service Providers (HRSP) in the field, ensuring HR strategies and objectives are aligned to the strategic objectives and operational needs.
The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and seeks to develop integrated solutions by communicating HR needs proactively to the HR Partner (HRP) and the different HR Units and Centres of Expertise (CoE) as well as the respective management team.This position is open to Kenyan nationals.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as strategic partner to the management team aligning HR, regional (RSF) and institutional strategies objectives through a HR organizational assessment;
- Responsible for ensuring that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of HR plans, and programs are realized through the development and administration of HR policies, procedures and strategies;
- Acts as a change agent to the management initiating, facilitating and coordinating changes on HR practices, processes and tools;
- Responsible for providing direction, guidance, support and advice to HRSPs and for collaboration with the full range of HR functions at headquarters to translate local/regional needs into regional/global HR strategies;
- Acts as the HR function expert providing guidance and support on procedures, process, policies and tools;
- In coordination with the HRMs, partners with the respective management team on all human resourcing issues, from workforce planning to operational advice on staffing issues and working conditions, regulations and processes;
- Acts as employee advocate providing resources to staff members while consulting, listening and responding to staff members;
- Controls the direction of HR activities of the assigned area of responsibility and ensures HR processes are harmonized, standardized, implemented and maintained and ensures consistency and correct application of the HR framework.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- A Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field from a recognized Institution;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a senior HR Manager in the HR Sector or International Organization (preferred);
- Minimum 8 years demonstrated professional experience in senior management and leadership positions;
- Experience working across East Africa Region or Francophone countries in a range of legal contexts;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (Knowledge of French is an asset);
- Advanced IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point), with experience in HR Information Systems;
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management;
- Certificate of good conduct.
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before the 10th January 2021 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
The reference REGIONAL HR MANAGER must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE.