National Bank of Kenya … A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc
Position Title: ICT Architecture & Data Governance Manager
Job Ref No. HR/097/2020
Available Position: 1
Division: ICT Division
Reporting to: Head of Enterprise Architecture & Application Development
Position Scope: The role holder is responsible for developing IT information models (defined data structures, schemas, information types and workflows) and related documentation for IT Systems in use by or to be procured by the Bank in line with Bank policy, Business Processes, Architecture and Best Practice, standards and methods.
The job holder will also be responsible for providing a technology governance framework and set of standards to enable acquisition, development and deployment of IT solutions & services that maximize interoperation, re-use, minimize duplication, optimize use of IT assets, reduce incidents on service and overall simplify the IT environment across the Bank.
- Responsible for ensuring comprehensive and complete documentation of the architecture framework, guidelines, related processes and stakeholder awareness.
- Responsible for investigation of enterprise’ and customers’ requirements for the content and structure of information deliverables.
- Lead governance and innovation in data as one of the areas of focus, through identification and enablement of data capabilities across the enterprise.
- Architect data solutions ensuring that they are built for performance, fault tolerance and security with reusable patterns.
- Propose data security measures and techniques and guide on their implementation.
- Lead end-to end data lifecycle management activities and offer guidance to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain an enterprise architecture framework that drives technology, solutions development standards and provide common approaches for integration across enterprise applications, processes and data leading to architecture artifacts, frameworks and patterns to be used as references by the development teams across the organization.
- Govern processes and solutions and ensure that the defined Enterprise Architecture taxonomy is leveraged by the Enterprise.
- Research, analyze and promote data standards to be used across the enterprise.
- Define technical standards and guidelines to encourage reuse of existing data stores, as well as address issues of security, timeliness, and quality.
- Develop a detailed knowledge base of the underlying data and data products and become the subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data, and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of the data repository and data products
- Carry out research on emerging technologies with relation to Enterprise Architecture and provide guidance on continuous improvements.
- Lead & participate in proof-of-concept projects and other projects that are in early use of new technologies.
- Clearly communicate and support the use of the data architecture to all stakeholders and sharing best practice
- Align and rationalize technology decisions and investments and develop a catalogue of approved technologies for the Bank
- Publish periodic reports on Enterprise Architecture compliance, progress, compliance issues, and provide guidance on the treatment required to achieve compliance
- Overseeing the management of the ICT Enterprise Architecture team, providing leadership, coaching, mentorship to the team, developing staff and maintaining a high productivity culture.
- Ensure to promptly escalate anomalies to procedure or any suspicious activities as per the laid down procedures.
- Adhere to the Division’s service charter and ensure exceptional customer experience
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- CBAP or TOGAF or ITIL Foundation certification
- Five (5) years’ progressive experience in IT field within the Banking Sector in an enterprise aarchitecture related environment.
- Experience in operating systems (windows, Unix)
- Knowledge in Database management systems
- Exposure to multiple, diverse software development technologies and processing environments
- Excellent understanding of software delivery processes and methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, hybrid)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to breakdown complex items to actionable elements
- Excellent Analytical skills and sound judgement
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, listening) skills.
- Experience in business process modelling, analysis and functional design, writing business and process documentation, system/data analysis and data interrogation
- Ability to liaise with all levels of management and subject matter experts within the organization to drive adoption of Enterprise Architecture
- Strong work ethic, exercise of due diligence & confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and speed of execution
- Proactive and Agile
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to Login into Taleo Recruitment Portal to apply if you meet the role requirements stated above by Friday, 25th December 2020.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.