Title: ICT & Data Officer
Salary: 36k – 45k
Our Client is an NGO that focuses on Providing Family support to help vulnerable children thrive.
They seek to hire an ICT and Data Officer to lead ICT initiatives including implementing software, applications and data collection systems.
S/he will support the team with strategies for effective methods for data collection that minimize duplication, data aggregation, analysis and reporting.
The incumbent will also be responsible for addressing hardware and software issues for the organization and to make recommendations to management on issues.
- Conduct an assessment of ICT and data-related gaps and create a development plan
- Lead staff trainings and inductions on all ICT-related topics
- Manage requests for G Suite and Gmail accounts
- Support staff in the transition to using the G Suite programmes and eliminating storing work-related files on computer or laptop or hand-held device drives
- Proactively liaise with the staff to develop, evaluate and improve data collection systems and procedures
- Support staff to use CPIMS child protection software and Family Star software
- Ensure compliance with data protection laws and regulations
- Maintain copies of data collection forms and support documentation for data management
- Work closely with the team to advance data protection and information technology policy
- Summarize, analyse and interpret data, using statistical techniques and provide regular reports on result and impact
- Conduct routine data quality assessment to ensure that data meets the required standards of data processing
- Lead sessions to review the quality and accuracy of program data with team and/or stakeholders
- Support on-site training on data collection, collation and reporting and use of the appropriate software
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and data analysis
- Provide regular monthly and quarterly reporting and updates to the Programme Manager and ultimately the Country Director including recommendations on any ICT related challenges.
- Work with team members in charge of the Family Support Programme, schools programme, day care programme, Income Generating Activity programme and other programmes to ensure data collection is of high quality and accurate, reporting requirements are met, and data is secure and confidential.
- Provide other general support to the Programme Manager, Country Director and Executive Director for our programme activities in Kenya, these include both Mathare and Kiambu projects
- Produce and present reports as required
- Degree in ICT, Statistics or relevant field
- Extensive experience in a similar role will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS)
- At least three (3) years relevant experience as a Data Officer, Data Analyst or in a Monitoring and Evaluation role
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience in training and/or helpdesk support for ICT
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (ICT & Data Officer) to email@example.com before 11th December 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV