National Bank of Kenya … A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc
Position Title: ICT Enterprise Architect
Job Ref No. HR/098/2020
Available Positions: 2
Division: ICT Division
Reporting to: ICT Architecture & Data Governance Manager
Position Scope: Reporting to the ICT Architecture & Data Governance Manager, the incumbent is responsible for supporting in developing IT information models and related documentation for technology Systems in use by or to be procured by the Bank in line with Bank policies, processes and relevant guidelines.
The job holder will also be responsible for documenting and review of technology governance set of standards to enable acquisition, development and deployment of IT solutions & services.
- Document governance and innovation in data as one of the areas of focus, through identification and enablement of data capabilities across the enterprise.
- Architect data solutions ensuring that data solutions are built for performance, fault tolerance and security with reusable patterns.
- Document end-to end data lifecycle management activities and offer guidance to stakeholders
- Document processes and solutions and ensure that the defined Enterprise Architecture taxonomy is leveraged by the Enterprise.
- Support the development of a detailed knowledge base of the underlying data and data products and become the subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data, and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of the data repository and data products;
- Carry out research on emerging technologies and data standards with relation to Enterprise Architecture and propose continuous improvements as per the laid-out guidelines
- Participate and support in proof-of-concept projects and other projects that are in early use of new technologies.
- Provide support and insights for periodic reports on Enterprise Architecture compliance, progress, compliance issues.
- Ensure to promptly escalate anomalies to procedure or any suspicious activities as per the laid down procedures.
- Adhere to the Division’s service charter and ensure exceptional customer experience
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field from a recognised university.
- Data Modelling certifications
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Three (3) years’ progressive experience in IT field in an enterprise architecture related environment.
- Experience in operating systems (windows, Unix);
- Knowledge in Database management systems;
- Exposure to multiple, diverse software development technologies and processing environments
- Excellent understanding of software delivery processes and methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, hybrid)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to breakdown complex items to actionable elements;
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, listening) and analytical skills.
- Experience in business process modelling, analysis and functional design, writing business and process documentation, system/data analysis and data interrogation
- Strong work ethic, exercise of due diligence & confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and speed of execution
- Proactive and Agile
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to Login into Taleo Recruitment Portal to apply if you meet the role requirements stated above by Friday, 25th December 2020.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process