National Bank of Kenya … A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc
Position Title: ICT Senior Applications Developer
Job Ref No. HR/096/2020
Available Position: 1
Division: ICT Division
Reporting to: Head of Enterprise Architecture & Application Development
Position Scope: The overall responsibility of the Senior Applications Developer will be to provide leadership and direction to Applications Developers for implementation of financial solutions aimed at enabling provision of business solutions.
The role holder is an active thought partner and an application visionary who shapes solution outcomes using expertise and best practice, in cooperation with the Head of ICT Architecture & Application Development and business stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring comprehensive and complete documentation of the Application Development policies, procedures, guidelines and related processes.
- Responsible for leadership of the IT Application Development team to implement quality and sustainable enterprise business solutions.
- To ensure business requirements are in compliance with enterprise architecture and other guidelines that are to be considered
- Collaboration with stakeholders and functional areas to develop sustainable systems within business requirements to support business solutions.
- Provide guidance and develop guidelines for capturing business requirements and ensure stakeholder awareness is done to ensure compliance.
- Manage the development unit resources; budget creation and reviews, resource augmentation, relationship building with vendors, external teams and various resource allocation.
- Review performance of applications programs to ensure program efficiency, completeness of program documentation and for output alignment with needs of user departments
- Overseeing the management of the ICT application developers team, providing leadership, coaching, mentorship to the team and maintaining a high productivity culture.
- Responsible for identifying and closing gaps in skills, processes, and resources within the development pillar of the department.
- Required to set work streams, assign responsibilities, provide guidance and monitor progress and development of assigned staff.
- Ensure to promptly escalate anomalies to procedure or any suspicious activities as per the laid down procedures.
- Adhere to the Division’s service charter and ensure exceptional customer experience
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or related field from a recognized university
- Certification in Java or C# development
- Professional System development certification
- Five (5) years’ progressive experience in IT field within the Banking Sector with three (3) years in an enterprise Architecture related environment
- A senior level software developer experience with strong and successful technical lead experience
- Very good knowledge of Web services (API), Windows
- Operating Systems and an understanding of UNIX and Linux.
- Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock solid strategic thinking
- Passionate about Software Development with a general interest for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new emerging technologies
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Knowledge on application solutions treads within the banking and IT Industry
- Project management skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of relational database i.e. Oracle, SQL, MySQL
- Good understanding of reporting & business analytics tools
- Appreciation of Information Security standards and practice
- Strong work ethic, exercise of due diligence & confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and speed of execution
- Proactive and Agile
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to Login into Taleo Recruitment Portal to apply if you meet the role requirements stated above by Friday, 25th December 2020.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process