Reference Number: IRC9806
The Position: Reporting to the Senior Manager, Prevention & Detection the position will be reviewing transactions alerts and collate data from the real-time Fraud Management System and other reporting sources with a view to identify fraudulent transactions, institute prompt mitigation actions and create awareness on fraud trends across the Bank network.
- Constantly monitor real time queues and identify high-risk transactions, unauthorized transactions and fraudulent accounts.
- Identify fraudulent transactions and institute prompt mitigating actions.
- Review and provide resolution to queued transactions within defined SLAs to reduce potential revenue losses.
- Review daily reports & compromise alerts to track and prevent fraud.
- Recommend for appropriate holds on accounts identified as having potentially fraudulent issues.
- Undertake research on fraud patterns by tracking confirmed fraudulent transactions to develop rules to prevent and detect fraud.
- Contact Customers & Banks to verify transactions and resolve fraud-related account issues, if fraud confirmed, initiate investigations and dispute process through the Case Management system.
- Facilitate understanding of fraud prevention and detection across the Bank network.
- Track status of resolved items to provide a record of activities and support identification of trends or persistent issues.
- Recommend changes to Fraud detection system parameters optimizing fraud detection while minimizing negative customer impact.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree in Computer Science / Finance / Business/ Banking / Law / Criminal Justice studies or any relevant field from Institution recognised by Commission of University Education
- At least 3 years’ experience in Banking Operations; 3 years’ experience in Fraud Prevention and Detection
- At least 3 years’ experience using Analytics techniques in Linear and Logistic Regression, Clustering Techniques, Neural Network, Decision Trees, etc.
- Professional qualifications in Database Administration and Programming knowledge is added advantage
- Familiarity with wide array of Fraud Analysis tools, applications and solutions
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Tuesday, 15th December 2020
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable