Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI)
Position: Assistant Trade (Policy, Advocacy & Research) Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Contract: 3 Years Renewable Contract
Role Description: As a Trade Policy, Advocacy & Research Assistant manager duties will include to support and manage overall KNCCI business policy, develop a framework through strategic Advocacy initiatives and Research Programmes.
Additionally, overseeing the development & implementation of advocacy strategies of the organization while executing a strategic government relations plan on both county and national levels, as well as advocating on behalf of KNCCI and its members to ensure policies, legislation and regulation are conducive to a positive and successful business environment
- Coordinate Research, Policy and Advocacy activity in conjunction with KNCCI’s mission, vision, and annual legislative agenda
- Represent KNCCI’s interests at public meetings and forums as necessary and advocate KNCCI’s interests as applicable to the adoption and enactment of public policies by both National and
- County governments and agencies maintaining communication with those public and private sector officials involved, specifically maintaining strong relations with and a presence before the General Assembly
- Keep informed of issues that may affect KNCCI members by monitoring business and legislative news in newspapers and reports of legislative sessions and other governmental agencies
- Responsible for public relations initiatives required to promote KNCCI’s values, plans, policies and interests
- Prepare and transmit other communications as necessary to keep KNCCI members informed of issues and actions as appropriate and contribute to other internal and external communication including Kenya Chamber magazine, newsletters, emails, website and Board of Directors reports.
- Maintain a presence in such places as required to promote KNCCI’s interest and lobby on their behest at both county and national levels. Working closely with committees requiring advocacy
- Draft, vet and implement the KNCCI’s annual legislative accountability programs for both National and County governments.
- Perform research projects and prepare policy papers and advocacy briefs as appropriate to advance the KNCCI’s advocacy platform and support initiatives to the Parliamentary Committee.
- Identify and develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in private sector, National & County government and development partners.
- Identify research opportunities and contribute to proposals for research partnerships and funding.
- Participate in official missions and deliver capacity building and training activities for internal audience, partners and governments.
- Participate in the preparation of the economic plans to ensure sectoral plans and other strategies as budgeted for.
- Maintain relationships with key economic development professionals, stakeholders and key KNCCI personnel
- Implement trade mission strategy that includes undertaking Trade Fairs, Exhibitions and business missions and conduct promotion events, i.e. B2B
- Provide methodological guidance and capacity building on measurement, sampling, data collection and data analysis
- Implement marketing strategies and plans to promote Export Trade.
- A proven track record of conceptualizing and delivering research in economics
- Strong report writing skills on public economics, financial economics and sector specific economic issues
- Understanding of advocacy and policy formulation matters
- A relevant post-graduate qualification (preferably in economics) with Strong economic development skills abilities
- To analyze, articulate and present complex issues clearly and concisely
- To represent KNCCI in a professional and culturally sensitive manner
- To facilitate and develop good team working amongst staff
- To manage resources effectively
- To initiate, plan and prioritize own work plan
- To work under pressure with often challenging deadlines and competing priorities Essential skills
- Proficient in google analytics
- Proficient in research and global business trends
- Excellent relationship management
- A proven track record of written publications, journals and oral communications skills
- University Degree (Masters or Bachelor) in Economics, Development Economics, International Economics, Statistics.
- 5 years’ relevant experience
- Technical Proficiency: Skills and experience in working on economic policy issues and data analysis. Strong conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills in these areas.
- Membership to a professional body (e.g. ICPAK, ACCA etc.) in good standing or relevant proficiency body.
- Experience in statistical software (STATA, SAS, E-views, and R&MATLAB).
- Advanced skills in the usage of MS – Excel).
- Demonstrated strategic leadership and ability to lead a unit/division to achieve its objectives
- Certificate in computer applications.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to forward their applications by email, enclosing an updated detailed CV and Cover Letter to HR@kenyachamber.or.ke by Friday 4th December, 2020.
The email subject should read Position of job once is applying for. i.e. Assistant Trade (Policy, Advocacy & Research) Manager.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.