The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a State corporation established under the Universities Act, 2012 to coordinate the placement of Government – sponsored students to universities and colleges, among other functions.
The Placement Service invites applications for the following positions.
Director – Strategy, Quality Assurance, Risk Management and Compliance
Ref. Code KUCCPS 044/20
Responsible to the CEO for the overall management and administration of the Placement Strategy, Quality Assurance, Risk Management and Compliance Directorate.
Successful applicant will be hired on a five-year contract terms renewable on mutual agreement and subject to meeting set performance targets
- Overseeing the efficient coordination of the Strategy and Planning, Quality Assurance, Risk and Compliance departments;
- Establishing and maintaining linkages with Consultants and other Stakeholders on Strategy, Planning Quality Assurance, Risk and Compliance matters;
- Reviewing potential business proposals and concept papers for funding;
- Coordinating the development and implementation of resource mobilization strategies;
- Overseeing formulation and implementation of the Placement Service’s Strategy and planning, Quality Assurance and Risk and Compliance policies, strategies, procedures and systems;
- Overseeing Corporate Social Responsibility Programmes, stakeholders relationships and integrity assurance programmes;
- Overseeing technical audits for works and services, including preparation of reports on quality assurance findings and recommendations;
- Coordinating the preparation of risk assessment and classification system/criteria;
- Overseeing identification of priority areas for risk assessment and mitigation planning, including risk assessment process, compilation and consolidation of risk management periodic reports;
- Coordinating the evaluation of the Placement Service’s business processes;
- Overseeing the smooth implementation and monitoring of the Placement Service’s quality management system(ISO); and
- Overseeing the preparation of annual work programmes and budgets for Placement Service planning and development.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
- Have a minimum period twelve (12) years relevant work experience and at least five (5) years in a management position in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields:- Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have a Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have professional qualification and membership to a relevant professional body;
- Leadership Course lasting not less than 4 weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity. Applicants should have clearance certificates from the following bodies:
a. Kenya Revenue Authority;
b. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
c. Higher Educations Loans Board;
d. A licensed Credit Reference Bureau;
e. Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Applications should either be submitted through the:
1. Online Placement Service careers portal https://careers.kuccps.net by interested applicants creating their profiles, duly filling the online application form and attaching copies of their CVs, academic certificates, clearance certificates and testimonials before submitting the application.
2. Email address firstname.lastname@example.org by interested applicants indicating the job being applied for on the subject line, submitting application letters, detailed CVs, academic certificates, clearance certificates and testimonials.
3. No hard copies will be accepted.
The application deadline is January 11th, 2021 at 5.00pm.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including those who may have previously applied or experienced challenges while attempting to apply.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disabilities, women and applicants from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.