The purpose of this position is carry out sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analyzing of results as requested by the clinical team.
- Provide medical laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic information, products, and services by establishing specimen preparation procedures;
- Establish and implement written operating procedures and protocols for the laboratory and ensure compliance with the same.
- Maintain medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment in readiness for services.
- Conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- Examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
- Receive patients and the laboratory request forms and direct them accordingly.
- Keep records of all laboratory activities, including stock keeping.
- Prepare and participate on Continuous Medical Education presentations.
- Prepare and submit monthly and annual reports of the activities of the department
Level of Education
- Diploma in medical laboratory
- Registered and licensed by the Kenya medical laboratory technicians and technologists board
Applications to be received by 11th December 2020 through firstname.lastname@example.org