Job Title: M-Pesa Agile Programme Management Office (APMO) Manager
Band: G Band
Department: Mobile Payments Solutions
Reports to: M-Pesa APMO Manager
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for M-Pesa Agile Programme Management Office (APMO) Manager.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Detailed Description: M-Pesa, is a pioneer and global market leader product and team in mobile money. From starting in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can make digital payments, M-Pesa has now grown to offer over 40 million customers’ in 7 Markets financial services, enterprise, merchant and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
- As part of the APMO team, the successful applicant will be jointly responsible for supporting a large 100+ portfolio of existing waterfall projects and a building portfolio of agile products, and to ensuring all governance standards are maintained across M-Pesa’s development & delivery programmes.
- The APMO team provides support for the M-Pesa team in areas of governance including management of: assurance, compliance, project planning and progress reporting, resources, budgets, meetings, communications, change management, risks and issues, documents, processes, and process improvements.
- The organisation is embracing Agile and SAFe methodologies and processes. The APMO team members will act as change agents in building out the new capabilities.
- The successful candidate will be capable of supporting the existing team and/or building the new SAFe Agile capabilities.
Role Details: M-Pesa AMPO Manager
- To provide APMO support for all M-Pesa waterfall and agile teams. For waterfall teams, continue to maintain existing standards and further optimise governance. In both waterfall and agile teams actively support the roll out of process improvements.
- For SAFe & Agile teams, design and roll out the new governance & standards, build out the APMO & Lean Agile Centre of Excellence (LACE), and develop and roll out transformation plans.
- At the portfolio level, support the senior management team in: strategic planning and budgeting cycles, training & coaching, developing roadmaps; running planning events, tracking project execution, and managing agile governance & standards.
- At the programme and team levels support the teams in: setting up squads correctly, training & coaching, running PI events, managing Jira & portfolio Jira, and managing agile governance & standards.
Provide APMO support to the M-Pesa organisation.
A part of a team the areas of work include:
- Managing the governance model.
- Implementing process improvements.
- Portfolio planning support.
- Maintaining roadmaps and progress reports.
- Status & compliance reporting.
- Resource management.
- Managing quality gates.
- Document management and SharePoint.
- Risk/Issue and escalation management.
- Dependency management.
- Budget management.
- SharePoint management.
- Waterfall and agile processes, standards.
- Jira database management.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Solid influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of or experience of managing waterfall & agile products developments in a PMO management capacity
- Jira experience and database management expertise a great advantage.
- Results-driven self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written reporting skills. Preparation and presentation to Exec level.
- Solid Microsoft office user skills. Strong Excel design skills an advantage
- Experience of business transformation and process implementation is highly desirable.
Key performance indicators:
- Cost of Delivery.
- Time to Market.
- Team Satisfaction.
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, a Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Certification in one or more: Prince2, PMP, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe and Advantage Agile Project Management Qualification.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.